Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's Hard To Disagree With Pep.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I noticed whilst watching Pep's post match conference last night, that whilst praising Brighton, and admitting that both sides created chances, that the only reason that City converted four ot theirs, whilst we didn't register, was because they had much better players than us.

It's impossible to disagree with that assessment really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the kind of insight that earns you the big bucks.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I noticed whilst watching Pep's post match conference last night, that whilst praising Brighton, and admitting that both sides created chances, that the only reason that City converted four ot theirs, whilst we didn't register, was because they had much better players than us.

It's impossible to disagree with that assessment really.

Nothing gets past him does it :wink::wink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When you buy players the are normally +£50m or so then they should be better players than ours, except when MUFC or Arsenal for some reason

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When you buy players the are normally +£50m or so then they should be better players than ours, except when MUFC or Arsenal for some reason

Well there you go, Citee aren't the only team paying crazy money for players, others pay similar amounts, so there are other reasons why they are more successful than most.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Poch, Klopp and Guardiola always offer nice words to their opponents after another big win. All gentlemen.

Reserving their other personality type, for opponents who upset their game plan.

He didn’t say many kind things about CH tactics of parking the bus, mind you neither did we!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Football is now so ridiculously skewed towards the richest (not biggest) clubs that some sort of golf like handicap needs to be introduced so that if “the likes of Brighton” take points off them they’re worth triple or double; equally the richest clubs have points deducted. Would shake things up and stop the bore procession that is the title winners that’s all but over before the end of August each season.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Football is now so ridiculously skewed towards the richest (not biggest) clubs that some sort of golf like handicap needs to be introduced so that if “the likes of Brighton” take points off them they’re worth triple or double; equally the richest clubs have points deducted. Would shake things up and stop the bore procession that is the title winners that’s all but over before the end of August each season.

A bang per buck point scoring system would be very interesting.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Guess that’s what comes with spending £539 million in 3 years. I rate Guardiola as a coach, but i’d love to see him manage a team without such plenty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here