Crawley
Guns don't kill people

Where have i heard that before ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hard to believe anything like that would happen in America.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Met a guy in California last summer who hailed from Texas.

He tried to convince us to visit by telling us stories of how he liked how he could go out riding on his horse shooting shit with his gun and no one could stop him. He also relieved himself against the rear wheel of his truck.

I declined his Facebook friend request.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thankfully dealt with very swiftly.

“Police now say a suspect has been shot and killed and there is "no active shooter at this time", but reports of other suspects are being investigated.

CNN quoted Devin Sanchez, an Odessa city spokesman, as saying one person was confirmed dead and 10 were injured, while the New York Times cited the mayor of the neighbouring city of Midland as saying "we have two fatalities".

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Thankfully dealt with very swiftly.

“Police now say a suspect has been shot and killed and there is "no active shooter at this time", but reports of other suspects are being investigated.

CNN quoted Devin Sanchez, an Odessa city spokesman, as saying one person was confirmed dead and 10 were injured, while the New York Times cited the mayor of the neighbouring city of Midland as saying "we have two fatalities".

Nope. Five dead, at least 21 injured. About average probably.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The shooter was a white male in his 30s, so how long before Trump comes out with 'he had mental issues' and then does nothing.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Got into an argument with an American yesterday about guns. I don’t know why I get involved.

He’s adamant that the reduction in crime over recent years is due to the increase in gun ownership. He thinks America has much more dangerous criminals due to the drug cartels.

I don’t get why so many of them are unwilling to countenance that untold amounts of guns are a bad thing. They aren’t idiots, but on this topic they appear to have been totally brainwashed

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I used an assault rifle at work experience when I was 16. British L85A1.

Contained blanks, obviously. The power, kick, recoil was enough to scare me for life.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Juan Albion

Governor of Texas in 2016:

EDVilQpUYAAIA3A.jpg

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So far as I can tell, there wasn't a separate thread for the shooting up of a high school football game in Mobile. Alabama Friday night, probably because although there were ten injured, there were no fatalities.

So I'll just throw it in here. For completeness' sake.

Some people who are worried, justifiably, about knife violence, don't know how good they have it.

Juan Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here