[Misc] Looks like “we are Brighton “ has crossed the line on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I apologize in advance if I've misunderstood you here, Husty. I posted from some degree of personal knowledge and life experience out here.

I'd be grateful if you could explain what you mean by 'vested interest' in light of what was posted.

Words can be read in different ways, sometimes with an unintended meaning.

Now I can only assume you've been on the Hi Test bong this evening. Burn Him!!! :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Unlikely, it's tame when you think of the bile that Katie Hopkins and co spout on there.

The problem is that it comes after a thumping away defeat and seems rather bitter and misdirected.

As regards the ethics of club owners. That's always worthy of debate. But I don't think that statement, its accuracy and its timing offers anything helpful to it.

I stopped reading that page when it felt it cool to give online verbals to some kid for wanting Hazard's shirt. Then again, some frothy mouthed warriors in NSC didn't have an issue with that.

Sometimes I wish we could go back to when the internet was just for nerds.

Spot on. We are very lucky to have a Brightonian billionaire owning our club.

Would we of kicked up a fuss if an Saudi prince saved us and payed for our stadium?

I would encourage my boy to get a signature from hazard, one of the best I've seen live.

No shame there. I'd do the same for the greats of the game. The 'firm' days are gone. Lets all enjoy the game.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
0c2babc0a067639eecc6cf77a443a764.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Now I can only assume you've been on the Hi Test bong this evening. Burn Him!!! :lolol:

:lol:

To be fair to Husty, my primary vested interest here is as a Brightonian not wanting my city to be represented in the public sphere by ignorance and racism.

Every country has skeletons in the cupboard. It's easy to pick on the more recent cases than the older ones.

And it's always easier to see the faults in others rather than looking closer to home first.

Still, a clarification would be helpful. Words have consequences and all that.

I apologize in advance if I've misunderstood you here, Husty. I posted from some degree of personal knowledge and life experience out here.

I'd be grateful if you could explain what you mean by 'vested interest' in light of what was posted.

Words can be read in different ways, sometimes with an unintended meaning.
I expect he means you might be benefiting hugely from an inflated salary working in a virtually crime-free society.
And that there maybe dubious reasons for either benefit.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wearebrighton in, pissed after a game we lost, posting offensive shit shocker. This is basically their MO.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I expect he means you might be benefiting hugely from an inflated salary working in a virtually crime-free society.
And that there maybe dubious reasons for either benefit.

He'd be speculating then, at least for the first part.

And salary-wise, he couldn't be further wrong!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So what are you doing there, and can you really leave your bicycle unchained (however valuable it is)?

I work with kids - taught both in the UK and out here. Have run a small education business out here too.

As many teachers and nurses would say, it's a vocation, a calling, and not primarily about the money...which is probably just as well considering!

Generally speaking, I wouldn't leave any bicycle unchained out here (or most places these days) for any amount of time.

Yes, there's certainly crime here as there is everywhere (even in space https://www.bbc.com/news/world-49457912), but it seems to be mainly on the larger financial side of things rather than muggings, knife crime, etc.

So yes, it's a fairly safe place to live on the whole, even with the isolated individual behaviour cases that hit the tabloids every now and then.

But I'd still lock up a bicycle. Human nature isn't so different across the world when it comes to taking something that doesn't belong to you.

And sadly that's always been true for countries too, be it conquering nations to create empires, stealing land, or exploiting and enslaving people.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Having lived out here for 15 years, the correct answer to the question is 'not many'.

Most Arabs aren't directly involved in on-site oil production and therefore unlikely to be involved in any accidents on oil rigs, refineries, etc.

Oil has been produced here since May 1960 - it's not new. And City were in serious financial trouble. They were always going to take the investment.

Here's an informative article on the takeover:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45256691

If 'We Are Brighton' is referring to migrant workers from the subcontinent on construction projects, then that's a different question entirely.

But that's not the question that was asked and tweeted to Gary Lineker. And quite what he has to do with this is anyone's guess.

For the sake of balance, I'm surprised that 'We Are Brighton' didn't aim the question of 'how many slaves were bought and sold by companies registered in Bristol' at Rovers supporters earlier this week. (The estimates vary, but anything from 500,000 to 3.4 million between 1697 and 1807 - one fifth of the British slave trade.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_slave_trade

In all honesty, I'm pleased that that question wasn't asked. It really has nothing to do with Rovers supporters and football after all. And nor does this.

One shouldn't be surprised when the self-description on the 'We Are Brighton' Twitter page states, "infuriating, angry and often simply wrong."

At least there is a display of some degree of self-awareness there.

As an expat Brightonian who loves both the UK and UAE, it's an embarrassment that the individual or individuals claim to represent Brighton.

They don't represent me.

Is this a joke? How can you compare Bristol’s role in the slave trade that happened centuries ago with the horrific human rights abuses of the bloody dictatorship in Dubai which is current and ongoing? The owner is part of the undemocratic regime

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We are Brighton

Just unfollowed them on Twitter/Facebook

They are a good example of why you should not drink and text...

They have been spouting complete rubbish recently but last night went to far posting about how many Arabs died for the 4-0 win...

Pathetic and useless.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wearebrighton in, pissed after a game we lost, posting offensive shit shocker. This is basically their MO.

I am always surprised how many people haven't worked this out, maybe some people only notice their Twitter account after an awayday defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here