[Misc] Looks like “we are Brighton “ has crossed the line on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not sure why he posted what he did.

Very strange...must be pissed

Some shit about how many Arabs died to get the result today!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Having lived out here for 15 years, the correct answer to the question is 'not many'.

Most Arabs aren't directly involved in on-site oil production and therefore unlikely to be involved in any accidents on oil rigs, refineries, etc.

Oil has been produced here since May 1960 - it's not new. And City were in serious financial trouble. They were always going to take the investment.

Here's an informative article on the takeover:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45256691

If 'We Are Brighton' is referring to migrant workers from the subcontinent on construction projects, then that's a different question entirely.

But that's not the question that was asked and tweeted to Gary Lineker. And quite what he has to do with this is anyone's guess.

For the sake of balance, I'm surprised that 'We Are Brighton' didn't aim the question of 'how many slaves were bought and sold by companies registered in Bristol' at Rovers supporters earlier this week. (The estimates vary, but anything from 500,000 to 3.4 million between 1697 and 1807 - one fifth of the British slave trade.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_slave_trade

In all honesty, I'm pleased that that question wasn't asked. It really has nothing to do with Rovers supporters and football after all. And nor does this.

One shouldn't be surprised when the self-description on the 'We Are Brighton' Twitter page states, "infuriating, angry and often simply wrong."

At least there is a display of some degree of self-awareness there.

As an expat Brightonian who loves both the UK and UAE, it's an embarrassment that the individual or individuals claim to represent Brighton.

They don't represent me.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Having lived out here for 15 years, the correct answer to the question is 'not many'.

Most Arabs aren't directly involved in on-site oil production and therefore unlikely to be involved in any accidents on oil rigs, refineries, etc.

Oil has been produced here since May 1960 - it's not new. And City were in serious financial trouble. They were always going to take the investment.

If 'We Are Brighton' is referring to migrant workers from the subcontinent on construction projects, then that's a different question entirely.

But that's not the question that was asked and tweeted to Gary Lineker. And quite what he has to do with this is anyone's guess.

For the sake of balance, I'm surprised that 'We Are Brighton' didn't aim the question of 'how many slaves were bought and sold by companies registered in Bristol' at Rovers supporters earlier this week. (The estimates vary, but anything from 500,000 to 3.4 million between 1697 and 1807 - one fifth of the British slave trade.)

In all honesty, I'm pleased that that question wasn't asked. It really has nothing to do with Rovers supporters and football after all. And nor does this.

One shouldn't be surprised when the self-description on the 'We Are Brighton' Twitter page states, "infuriating, angry and often simply wrong."

As an expat Brightonian who loves both the UK and UAE, it's an embarrassment that the individual or individuals claim to represent Brighton.

They don't represent me.

Filed under 'person with vested interest takes offence'

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Watch ricky gervais: Humanity.

You don't see a sign for guitar lessons and call the number to shout that you don't want guitar lessons.

Genius.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hopefully a permanent ban, the guy is an absolute Toby

Unlikely, it's tame when you think of the bile that Katie Hopkins and co spout on there.

The problem is that it comes after a thumping away defeat and seems rather bitter and misdirected.

As regards the ethics of club owners. That's always worthy of debate. But I don't think that statement, its accuracy and its timing offers anything helpful to it.

I stopped reading that page when it felt it cool to give online verbals to some kid for wanting Hazard's shirt. Then again, some frothy mouthed warriors in NSC didn't have an issue with that.

Sometimes I wish we could go back to when the internet was just for nerds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Filed under 'person with vested interest takes offence'

I apologize in advance if I've misunderstood you here, Husty. I posted from some degree of personal knowledge and life experience out here.

I'd be grateful if you could explain what you mean by 'vested interest' in light of what was posted.

Words can be read in different ways, sometimes with an unintended meaning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

They don't represent me.

I salute your indefatigability :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here