Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My understanding of the xG stat is that someone has assigned a rating to the comment "my nan could score that!". Y'know, if it's a chance that your nan could've scored, it's a xG of 1, if it's a 'ah, to be fair it came at him quite hard, it was bobbling and he was under pressure and it was a tight angle, it's an xG of 0.1 or whatever number the nerd collating them wants to add depending on how easy or difficult he thinks the chance is for a professional sportsman.

Thanks.
So basically personal opinion, like my own.
Effectively bollocks then [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought today was our worst performance as we looked weak both in defence and attack but credit to Burnley they did the job they set out to do, stopped us playing/

Yes it was, 63% possession, then losing it on the edge of their area or going backwards.....

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I was quite confident about everything he has done so far until Dan Burn, a 6’7” centre back lined up at left wing back for today’s game.

And it took him nearly 30 minutes to realise that he needed to change it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought today was our worst performance as we looked weak both in defence and attack but credit to Burnley they did the job they set out to do, stopped us playing/

.... at first, definitely. Then we played well, 14 attempts, 5 on target, we won the physical duals and were the only team creating. Read the Dyche post match interview, where he openly admitted that Burnley failed to a get a grip on the game after 20 minutes.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Poor today. Getting concerned with the results, so many winnable games passing us by.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2 points from 3 home games is not good enough. I fear the worse.

I fear the worst.

Except I don't really fear it. I embrace it. Bring on that worst. I will eat it. Yum.

(Early days, pal. Early days. Innit. :shrug:)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
2 points from 3 home games is not good enough.

Yes. For all the encouraging 'green shoots', and talk of lack of discipline, bad luck and waiting for things to click, this has the potential to be the undoing of us this season.

2 points from 3 home games and 5 points overall from fixtures that have included Watford, West Ham, Southampton and Burnley is a real cause for concern.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, and Murray was utter shitehouse. Like playing with ten men.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Much as people were overly optimistic after the Watford game - it is too early to be pessimistic. 5 points from 5 games is not a bad return.

I have argued repeatedly that no matter what people expected from Potter, Brighton would be fighting relegation. Surviving this season will be a victory.

Potter's style may see more attacking football - but it also opens the team up to conceding goals. Whether Potter is capable of grinding out results like Hughton only time will tell. But there is still a long way to go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Credit where it is due. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I fear the worst.

Except I don't really fear it. I embrace it. Bring on that worst. I will eat it. Yum.

(Early days, pal. Early days. Innit. :shrug:)

So, as the 2019/20 PL season comes to a premature close in mid-September, you’re not yet ready to write off Graham Potter and consign us to Championship football next season.

#deluded.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Maybe GP could study some tapes of the Daniel Farke revolution and we can just play like that instead. Everyone’s a winner and DF need never know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, as the 2019/20 PL season comes to a premature close in mid-September, you’re not yet ready to write off Graham Potter and consign us to Championship football next season.

#deluded.

:lolol:

Shall I nip off and shoot myself now? ???

:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is not going very well really is it ? I cannot see us getting anything away to newcastle chelsea and home to spurs so that would be 5 point from 8 games, maybe 6 and bottom 3.

There have been some baffling decisions so far from Potter binning off Knockaert that this game was calling for, letting Andone go who is a very decent striker, dropping Duffy against man city for no apparent reason and playing 4 centre backs today in defence and the 4 3 3 today which really did not work.

The first half was diabolical. We have had 3 home games against teams we really need to be beating or not losing to and we have 2 points from 9 at home so far. We attack more but our problem is and we will simply not progress as a team in this league is that we need 8 chances to score 1 goal and that is championship or league one level. We are simply way off the pace in this league about clinical finishing

Today we had no creative player, Knockaert gone, Trossard injured, Izquierdo injured so where is the creativity coming from ? We have a guy who is near his pension upfront and a young pup up front but far too early to expect much and Maupay who has scored 2 great goals but he looks the only one to be able to do anything and he is still raw at this level.

I worry now as I think if we cannot beat West Ham, Southampton and Burnley at home we needed to get 7 points from things will get very messy very soon. The 4 0 loss to man city some fans seemed to think was a decent performance has been shown up by Norwich today. I think now, if we stay up it will be a result

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It is not going very well really is it ? I cannot see us getting anything away to newcastle chelsea and home to spurs so that would be 5 point from 8 games, maybe 6 and bottom 3.

There have been some baffling decisions so far from Potter binning off Knockaert that this game was calling for, letting Andone go who is a very decent striker, dropping Duffy against man city for no apparent reason and playing 4 centre backs today in defence and the 4 3 3 today which really did not work.

The first half was diabolical. We have had 3 home games against teams we really need to be beating or not losing to and we have 2 points from 9 at home so far. We attack more but our problem is and we will simply not progress as a team in this league is that we need 8 chances to score 1 goal and that is championship or league one level. We are simply way off the pace in this league about clinical finishing

Today we had no creative player, Knockaert gone, Trossard injured, Izquierdo injured so where is the creativity coming from ? We have a guy who is near his pension upfront and a young pup up front but far too early to expect much and Maupay who has scored 2 great goals but he looks the only one to be able to do anything and he is still raw at this level.

I worry now as I think if we cannot beat West Ham, Southampton and Burnley at home we needed to get 7 points from things will get very messy very soon. The 4 0 loss to man city some fans seemed to think was a decent performance has been shown up by Norwich today. I think now, if we stay up it will be a result

It’s pretty difficult to argue with that assessment - yet Andone went for a total lack of discipline and because he wanted to leave... that aside staying up would clearly be a success and represent progress of sorts with a potentially slightly weaker squad.

I’m still positive, however, re the youth policy and remain confident it will bear fruit.

As a wee caveat and little niggly voice of doubt...

I’m sitting here wondering if we might have gained more points from this opening salvo of games under CH... I know it’s all guess work, but I think we would have been better off under Chris thus far, and that is, well, that really. The football might not have been so cavalier though.

The trouble is, right now... well... it’s looking a bit Vauxhall cavalier tbh.

Here’s hoping my first live game next week gives me fresh hope.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Looooool. Some of the handwringing in this thread is magnificent. Sure, we haven’t got the points we would have liked, but I think we’ve been very unlucky with a few results, we played West Ham off the park, we were arguably better than Southampton despite the numerical disadvantage, and we really should have had 3 points today but for a very well hit goal. We are playing much better football and I’m positive the results will come.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s pretty difficult to argue with that assessment - yet Andone went for a total lack of discipline and because he wanted to leave... that aside staying up would clearly be a success and represent progress of sorts with a potentially slightly weaker squad.

I’m still positive, however, re the youth policy and remain confident it will bear fruit.

As a wee caveat and little niggly voice of doubt...

I’m sitting here wondering if we might have gained more points from this opening salvo of games under CH... I know it’s all guess work, but I think we would have been better off under Chris thus far, and that is, well, that really. The football might not have been so cavalier though.

The trouble is, right now... well... it’s looking a bit Vauxhall cavalier tbh.

Here’s hoping my first live game next week gives me fresh hope.

At the risk of opening the CH sacking debate again

What are you basing us getting a better return under CH for those games ? After our run of 2 wins in 22 last season.

For the record last season.

Watford away ... lost
West Ham home .. won
Southampton home .. lost
Man City away... lost
Burnley home ... lost

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here