Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wrong man for me.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Very happy here. Improve our finishing slightly and we will be fine.

I said in the match thread I reckon we will batter a few teams this season.

No complaints here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So-so......

Watford were incredibly poor
West Ham we couldn't finish
Southampton we should have beaten, though in reality created little for 30 minutes with 11 men. Andone then killed us.
Man City - always likely to lose, but we did play well offensively.....

It all depends how you feel as a supporter, whether you are results driven or entertainment driven.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just watch the MOTD highlights... the issue is not the formation it is the players, TROSSARD should have done better with the opportunities he had. Their goals came from our mistakes with Montoya having a big hand in them. Of course this was a potted view looking at a TV from a distance. Would like to see the goals slowed down and analysed a bit more .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I defy anyone to watch Pep Guardiola on MOTD and somehow not think Potterball is a brilliant new direction for the Albion...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Happy, it took Pep and Jurgen more than one season before they got their teams playing to their full potential it seems churlish to expect Potter to have completely transformed us after 5 competitive matches ...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very happy here. Improve our finishing slightly and we will be fine.

I said in the match thread I reckon we will batter a few teams this season.

No complaints here.

You could also say that at the other end of the pitch where we continue to look vulnerable. I suppose you can't have it both ways.

D

Deleted member 2719

So-so......

Watford were incredibly poor
West Ham we couldn't finish
Southampton we should have beaten, though in reality created little for 30 minutes with 11 men. Andone then killed us.
Man City - always likely to lose, but we did play well offensively.....

It all depends how you feel as a supporter, whether you are results driven or entertainment driven.

Results and entertainment please!
We actually have 1 point more after playing the same team's as last year with more against but more goals scored, resulting in -3 GD rather than -4 GD.
So early days but we are ahead on last season at this point against the same team's.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Happy.

On the two possible negatives:

a) Stains - we played well, Andone’s violence screwed the club. GP faultless.
b) ManC - tactics that allowed them the freedom to rip us apart, “playing right into their hands” according to every media outlet. Avoidable and naive imho, but GP will no doubt learn fast.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You could also say that at the other end of the pitch where we continue to look vulnerable. I suppose you can't have it both ways.
I agree and to dismantle Dunk and Duff is a MASSIVE mistake. They were the reason Brighton are still in the PL. If GP is driving that team selection he won't suceed. I like the football he is playing but in this league as soon as you smash your foundations then the building will collapse

I don’t go along at all with this notion that Potter replaced Hughton because of bolix like entertainment or style of football, vast distraction exercise.

Hughton lost his job because he stopped doing what keeps teams like Brighton up, which is winning the winnable home games against the bottom 10 or 14 sides (pick the number you fancy).

Potter is so far 0 in 2 on that stat. He needs to start winning those winnable homes games at the frequency Hughton did in his first 18 months in the Prem. This is the only test that matters.

I’ll only be making any judgement on Potter when we have a few more of those type of games at the Amex

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Very happy. A breath of fresh air so far after last season and I can only see us improving as we get more used to the system and the younger and players signed from the Championship gain more experience.

I fully expect us to beat Burnley and grow from there.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I voted for so-so but would have voted for can't complain had it been an option.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Very happy and once we start monopolising on the chances we get in front of goal it will be very very happy.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We are going to stuff somebody again soon as every game you can see the confidence growing in the team.
Delight to watch after last season's dross most of the time

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO the games have been enjoyable to watch but sadly the results have gone against us because I think that our back 3 and front 3 irrespective of which combination for either isnt good enough to get the results to avoid relegation. It will be interesting to see the team against Burnley and when he decides that he has to change things to obtain better results.

3 of the goals against City came as a result of our CBs inability to tackle defenders in dangerous position, granted against the best strikers in the league. Despite the hopes and hype we didn't test Ederson at all so couldn't score.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree and to dismantle Dunk and Duff is a MASSIVE mistake. They were the reason Brighton are still in the PL. If GP is driving that team selection he won't suceed. I like the football he is playing but in this league as soon as you smash your foundations then the building will collapse

Agreed.
Burn has done really well and far surpassed my expectations, but he is not as good as Webster or Duffy IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here