Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Football is more enjoyable to watch but worrying trend starting to develop that we don’t seem to be able to take our chances.

The fact Murray is still leading the line is a concern and shows that our recruitment hasn’t been good in that department over the last two seasons.

Think we will finish in or just out of the bottom 3 but hopefully will be proved wrong.

Norwich showing how being stuffed by 4 goals against City might not have been a great performance

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Don't know about that, you're welcome to work it out.

It's too far in the past.

But so far the facts show we are a better side this season like for like, Potter has only had a handful of games Hughton had had quite a lot more and was on the slippery slope.

After five games in our first season we had 4 points. This season we have five. So, yeah, improvement.

fdmchef

Apr 28, 2019
Norwich beating Citeh shows what a positive approach and well setup squad can deliver, no more backs to the wall stuff a la Wolves and Spurs away last year.

Overall we look much better but still sloppy at times, though given how much Potter has revived the same players who collapsed over the line last year, we should give him the time to iron out the creases.

We are Brighton after all, not Barcelona :-D

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

How about first season like for like?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Okay I have worked that out we had exactly the same points 5 and had a slightly better GD of 0 to -3 now.

So nothing in it for playing exactly the same team home and away this season to two seasons ago and better this year than last and he has only been here 5 minutes!

Potter has a lot to give and I am happy to receive it. :hilton:

After five games in our first season we had 4 points. This season we have five. So, yeah, improvement.

I was really talking about like for like games, there is nothing to fear and we will get better IMO.:thumbsup:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
They just keep coming. I'll give you a bit longer than the last guy as you are a bit more aggressive.. Don't worry you will be joining me before November :clap:

OK Spence you have made your point so now just fu-k off and leave us to talk about our team without your miserable ramblings.

D

Deleted member 2719

Norwich beating Citeh shows what a positive approach and well setup squad can deliver, no more backs to the wall stuff a la Wolves and Spurs away last year.

Overall we look much better but still sloppy at times, though given how much Potter has revived the same players who collapsed over the line last year, we should give him the time to iron out the creases.

We are Brighton after all, not Barcelona :-D

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

That Pukki lad looks a bit special, reminds me of a stronger Vardy.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don't get the negativity, what Potter has done in such a short time is very good. We just need a bit more movement up top, with some 3rd man runs to create more goalscoring opportunities.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Don't get the negativity, what Potter has done in such a short time is very good. We just need a bit more movement up top, with some 3rd man runs to create more goalscoring opportunities.

I think our youngsters will play a big part in our season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Still very happy with it. Enjoying this season so much more than last. Even those wins against West Ham and Wolves this time last year were painful to watch, this season has been a breath of fresh air compared to that to me.

We are playing some lovely stuff with some really exciting players. We have been incredibly unlucky in our home games so far but I am confident that will change.

We played a difficult Burnley side off the park with no Trossard, Montoya, Bernardo or Bissouma. Those four are first choice players for me, add them into the side and we are looking a really strong, exciting unit.
Well said. In stark contrast with much of what will be posted on NSC this evening..!!!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The performances have been so much better shown by the fact we are 5th in the XG table. However, 5 points is a poor return from the fixtures we’ve had.
be0b6b1e92d21554e8e975d43ce53597.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, what does that even mean other than the obvious. What is it based on? Chances created?

Prefer my eyes [emoji2][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding of the xG stat is that someone has assigned a rating to the comment "my nan could score that!". Y'know, if it's a chance that your nan could've scored, it's a xG of 1, if it's a 'ah, to be fair it came at him quite hard, it was bobbling and he was under pressure and it was a tight angle, it's an xG of 0.1 or whatever number the nerd collating them wants to add depending on how easy or difficult he thinks the chance is for a professional sportsman.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The football is prettier to watch and I think we are doing ok. I'm a bit concerned that strikes outside of the box, like todays equaliser, are now missing from our repertoire. We seem to be wanting to walk it in.

Nothing wrong with a smash from 30 yards.

Apart from that and Burn learning how to stay onside, we are going to be fine IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nothing wrong with a smash from 30 yards.

Have you not seen Dale Stephens attempting to smash it in from 30 yards. One of them might eventually make the keeper have to wait for it to go out of player before yelling at his defenders.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shit, I almost gave BG a thumbs up, but I think he’s actually got it spot on for me. Something needs to step up, training, players, tactics, something. Otherwise, as they say, I think we could be sleepwalking to relegation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have you not seen Dale Stephens attempting to smash it in from 30 yards. One of them might eventually make the keeper have to wait for it to go out of player before yelling at his defenders.

Correct. Not sure Stephens would hit the channel from the end of the Palace Pier let alone a goal from 30yds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here