Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yesterday i felt like i was watching a side that's going to be relegated.

Last year we had games like that with points on the board. Now we simply don't have the points.

No goals in midfield. Murray struggling. Doesn't feel right.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nah let’s go back to blaming luck, refs, VAR, black cats, broken mirrors, Gypsy curses and stepping on cracks in the pavement

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For the record I absolutely love what GP has done for the team. As to staying up last season we won a number of games when we were shitful. The Palace game was one of the few we deserved to win. And no matter how you spin it by the end of the season we had lost all hope and were in no position to save ourselves.

This isn't a GP v CH thing. By the end of the season we did save ourselves. At the end of the season all the points won by all the teams over their 38 games are added up and teams are ranked. It doesn't matter whether the points were won by great performances or luck. It doesn't matter whether they were won in August or May. All that matters is how many points they add up to. The total number of points Brighton won over 38 games was more than the total number of points won by Fulham, Huddersfield and Cardiff over 38 games. That's how leagues work. To say we didn't save ourselves is simply wrong and disrespectful of what the team did achieve with/because of/in spite of/irrespective of Hughton. Stop trying to re-write that by ignoring how leagues work just to defend a handful of poor results early this season.

If you're right to stand up for GP (and I hope you are) you don't need to denigrate what the plyers did last year, just have patience and when results start going our way say 'ha!, told ya so'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nah let’s go back to blaming luck, refs, VAR, black cats, broken mirrors, Gypsy curses and stepping on cracks in the pavement

I read some of your post history and I am very curious about you (and your kind, because it is not uncommon). When the team win or do something positive, you stay quiet. When not everything is perfect, you are very eager to find the most negative perspective you can find. I wonder if you have reflected about this and I'm also curious if you act like that in life in general?

Not saying people shouldnt be critical etc. but too much negative thought patterns could be really damaging to yourself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I read some of your post history and I am very curious about you (and your kind, because it is not uncommon). When the team win or do something positive, you stay quiet. When not everything is perfect, you are very eager to find the most negative perspective you can find. I wonder if you have reflected about this and I'm also curious if you act like that in life in general?

Not saying people shouldnt be critical etc. but too much negative thought patterns could be really damaging to yourself.

Blimey you really are new here, there are hundreds of posters, on here, who display that trait.

theboybilly

This isn't a GP v CH thing. By the end of the season we did save ourselves. At the end of the season all the points won by all the teams over their 38 games are added up and teams are ranked. It doesn't matter whether the points were won by great performances or luck. It doesn't matter whether they were won in August or May. All that matters is how many points they add up to. The total number of points Brighton won over 38 games was more than the total number of points won by Fulham, Huddersfield and Cardiff over 38 games. That's how leagues work. To say we didn't save ourselves is simply wrong and disrespectful of what the team did achieve with/because of/in spite of/irrespective of Hughton. Stop trying to re-write that by ignoring how leagues work just to defend a handful of poor results early this season.

If you're right to stand up for GP (and I hope you are) you don't need to denigrate what the plyers did last year, just have patience and when results start going our way say 'ha!, told ya so'.

I really don't know what you were watching last season but Albion were definitely one of the worst three teams last season. Cardiff did the double over us, they had numerous dodgy refereeing decisions go against them but all Albion could do was try and draw their way out of trouble. Three successive 1-0 wins in the Autumn papered over some huge cracks especially at St James'Park. Albion didn't do anywhere near enough to save themselves. On top of that we were appalling to watch. We're not now

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yesterday i felt like i was watching a side that's going to be relegated.

Last year we had games like that with points on the board. Now we simply don't have the points.

No goals in midfield. Murray struggling. Doesn't feel right.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5 points from 5 games isn't a bad return at this stage of the transition and knowing that there is plenty of room for improvement makes it interesting because we don't know where it will take us. Under Hughton we sort of plateaued.

As long as we are in double figures by the end of November I won't be too concerned. We contained a good Burnley side for the most part and created enough chances to win. If we had been spanked by Burnley I could understand the worry. The only negative from this season is Andone throwing away the Southampton game.

It’s just football mate. Calm down there

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
From those opening 5 fixtures I'd have expected nothing from the 2 aways and hopefully 7 from the 3 home games, so we're 2 points light of that. Taking into account we've had no luck from VAR, injuries to some of our most creative players and most of the football has been enjoyable to watch, I'm reasonably happy with the season so far

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
From those opening 5 fixtures I'd have expected nothing from the 2 aways and hopefully 7 from the 3 home games, so we're 2 points light of that. Taking into account we've had no luck from VAR, injuries to some of our most creative players and most of the football has been enjoyable to watch, I'm reasonably happy with the season so far

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is no "Reasonably Happy" option in the poll. Just Happy or Very Happy, which is it?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I really don't know what you were watching last season but Albion were definitely one of the worst three teams last season. Cardiff did the double over us, they had numerous dodgy refereeing decisions go against them but all Albion could do was try and draw their way out of trouble. Three successive 1-0 wins in the Autumn papered over some huge cracks especially at St James'Park. Albion didn't do anywhere near enough to save themselves. On top of that we were appalling to watch. We're not now

Hughton or Potter, Potter vs Hughton, last season vs this season...I don't care at all. It's not like Harry Potter where Gryffindor gets extra house points for games lost by a smaller margin or for being more entertaining. Relegation is a real blow. We need points, we need goals to give us a cushion in games. Hanging on, again, by one goal here or there in games all season is not sustainable.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Does Gung ho mean not sticking 10 men behind the ball in your world? The City game could draw criticism for not crapping ourselves and trying to keep the score down. I haven’t seen another game that came close to being gung ho in tactics. If we’d taken our chances in most games we would have gained at least four more points

"if" "unlucky" mentioned so many times in the thread. We are crap period! CH had a difficult job so has GP, the one thing I will say is we have spent money relatively speaking...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

LOL - Someone with less than 200 posts on a forum suggesting that someone with over 17K posts on the forum that their life might be a bit ****ed up.

That's brave. Or stupid. Not sure which

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"if" "unlucky" mentioned so many times in the thread. We are crap period! CH had a difficult job so has GP, the one thing I will say is we have spent money relatively speaking...

I don’t think we’ve been unlucky we just haven’t taken our chances. Last year under Hughton we took our chances very well early season. We have had way more chances so far this year and not taken them. By the end of last season we weren’t making more than a chance or two a game and I don’t mean shots on target either. I know you beat the Hughton drum, that’s fine, but your interpretation of crap and mine are very different. Crap is what we were for most of last season, I haven’t seen any crap this season apart from the first 30 mins yesterday. Potter saw it too and changed things around, we then dominated for the rest of the game but were caught out by Burnley’s first shot on target..it was a worldy.

You say we have spent money, we did that last season too, what’s your point?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Nice try. Now try adding in the dodgy refereeing discussions against us, in particular, Sol Bamba. We may have been appalling to watch, but the evidence is that we weren't one of the worst three teams last season. The worst three were relegated, as usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here