Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Changed your tune LI? Only the other week you were singing Potter's praises :lol:

You must be confusing me with someone else. I keep an open mind on all appointments until I see enough evidence, of which 10 games is the benchmark, and we are not there yet.

On Potter’s appointment, I was neutral and if given a choice would have preferred Hughton given one more year with signings like Trossard and Maupay

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The way we set up. We don't have the quality to play 3 at the back at this level. Our budget is puny compared to the rest.Potter with no experience at this level and it shows. Our shocking defending is what t gets me. It's embarrassing .

Fair enough. I've not seen much embarrassing defending myself and the stats don't suggest we've defended poorly either. In fact we've restricted opponents to relatively we opportunities but they've been more clinical than us.

A new system, under a new manager, is likely to take a bit of time to click. My glass is half full.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just delete your account you miserable ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just keep coming. I'll give you a bit longer than the last guy as you are a bit more aggressive.. Don't worry you will be joining me before November :clap:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Non-plussed.

Today was as bad as Hughton’s worst games for 30 mins.

The second half was all very pretty and I would imagine our possession stats are wonderful, but how many real chances did we create in 90 minutes?

Credit to Potter for the tactical switch which helped us dominate, but we are not doing enough.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Non-plussed.

Today was as bad as Hughton’s worst games for 30 mins.

The second half was all very pretty and I would imagine our possession stats are wonderful, but how many real chances did we create in 90 minutes?

Credit to Potter for the tactical switch which helped us dominate, but we are not doing enough.

Screenshot_20190914-194713.png

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Dropping points?

We've lost twice out of 5. Draws when you're a team like us are points gained.

No draws arnt when we deserve more, especially when they arnt against 'super teams'. We should have had 3 points against West Ham and Burnley and got something out of Southampton. Especially at this stage of the season because will have a real tough run of fixtures soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are closer in time to a T-Rex than a T-Rex was to a Stegosaurus.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Still very happy with it. Enjoying this season so much more than last. Even those wins against West Ham and Wolves this time last year were painful to watch, this season has been a breath of fresh air compared to that to me.

We are playing some lovely stuff with some really exciting players. We have been incredibly unlucky in our home games so far but I am confident that will change.

We played a difficult Burnley side off the park with no Trossard, Montoya, Bernardo or Bissouma. Those four are first choice players for me, add them into the side and we are looking a really strong, exciting unit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sorry and 5 shots on target, 9 wild shots which would include Murray’s appalling effort and Propper volley.

Stats can tell a distorted story.

Chances?
Maupay shot blocked with goalies legs, Murray missed header first half, Connolly blazing into the crowd, snapshot before halftime...... not great for me.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No draws arnt when we deserve more, especially when they arnt against 'super teams'. We should have had 3 points against West Ham and Burnley and got something out of Southampton. Especially at this stage of the season because will have a real tough run of fixtures soon.

everyone we've played so far finished above us last season and what you're saying is, so far we've been the better team against all of our opposition other than City (who we still played very well against)

Positive stuff.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Screenshot_20190914-195115.png

Stats prior to today suggest we weren't shooting enough and weren't clinical enough but have been defensively sound. We had a fair few attempts today but again didn't take our chances. Restricted Burnley to one shot on target, which was excellently taken by Hendrick.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry and 5 shots on target, 9 wild shots which would include Murray’s appalling effort and Propper volley.

Stats can tell a distorted story.

Chances?
Maupay shot blocked with goalies legs, Murray missed header first half, Connolly blazing into the crowd, snapshot before halftime...... not great for me.

Xg 1.69

Screenshot_20190914-195953.png

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
everyone we've played so far finished above us last season and what you're saying is, so far we've been the better team against all of our opposition other than City (who we still played very well against)

Positive stuff.

Im saying yes we were the better side against West Ham and dropped two points. Still I walked away positive after watching a good game of football, after last years negative football it was a great game to watch.

We lost to Saints, still we looked good but still 0 points from a game that we should be looking to take points from. Not dreadful still early in the season.

Now we walk away with a point after conceding a 91st min goal. That feels like a loss to me. I would have taken an ugly 3 points but it was a bad performances that tbh we only deserved a point from.

After West Ham and Saints though I would have said we were 'owed' the 3 points though.

We now have Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and Man Utd coming up soon, so imo we needed those lost points.... because those games coming up are points gained if we getting anything from.

Not to mention teams like Norwich beating City make life even harder for us, as these are teams we are competing against in this division.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Still very happy with it. Enjoying this season so much more than last. Even those wins against West Ham and Wolves this time last year were painful to watch, this season has been a breath of fresh air compared to that to me.

We are playing some lovely stuff with some really exciting players. We have been incredibly unlucky in our home games so far but I am confident that will change.

We played a difficult Burnley side off the park with no Trossard, Montoya, Bernardo or Bissouma. Those four are first choice players for me, add them into the side and we are looking a really strong, exciting unit.

A voice in the wilderness.

D

Deleted member 2719

How about first season like for like?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't know about that, you're welcome to work it out.

It's too far in the past.

But so far the facts show we are a better side this season like for like, Potter has only had a handful of games Hughton had had quite a lot more and was on the slippery slope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here