Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’ve been so positive until today and now I am properly worried. That’s four points thrown away at home and the stigma of no home win will start growing on the players.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Still feeling good.

Despite the Andone decision which I don’t think we will ever get to the bottom of. Hope it doesn’t hurt us.

But we can’t keep blaming fluke results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
5 games now. 2 points from 3 home games is relegation form.

It is, but saints was a freak. We undoubtedly should have won the other 2 but drew both. Yes, in this league you have to be ruthless with chances which we’ve not done so well. VAR also didn’t help us where last season we may / possibly would have got points as the goals may have been allowed. I’m still confident of staying up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I’ve been so positive until today and now I am properly worried. That’s four points thrown away at home and the stigma of no home win will start growing on the players.

Newcastle away 1pt
Chelsea away 0pts
Spurs home 0pts

Bottom 3

No wins at home in 4

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Hmmmm gonna be a hard slog this season (again) but at least it could be entertaining. More expansive football equals more open at the back......we knew that would be the case. Not sure we will finish better than last season or drop through the trap door but let's wait and see....still positives so far, Webster, Burns, Maupay all look good so far and any improvement from now on will see us improving our posistion. But we WILL need to improve.......early days yet.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
That is absolute balls. Did you watch any of games after Christmas this year?

Yes every one of them.

I might be over exaggerating slightly but todays game was terrible, we lacked everything that was said we did under CH imo. Players looked lost at times and didnt know what to do, just standing still, no off the ball runs etc and resulted pinning 'diagonal' passes to other static players.

TBH a draw was fair but we have been hard done in this season so dropping these 2 points hurts.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What makes you think relegation is on the cards? In your eyes what are the negatives and positives of Potter's style? (I'm assuming you see some positives)
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] Am I to assume from the lack of response that your 'going down, mark my words' is some Mystic Meg shįt, or is there some logical reasoning?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hmmmm gonna be a hard slog this season (again) but at least it could be entertaining. More expansive football equals more open at the back......we knew that would be the case. Not sure we will finish better than last season or drop through the trap door but let's wait and see....still positives so far, Webster, Burns, Maupay all look good so far and any improvement from now on will see us improving our posistion. But we WILL need to improve.......early days yet.

Genuine question. How can it be more entertaining if you don't win ? Defend like a Sunday team ? You obviously care not as long as we attack ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] Am I to assume from the lack of response that your 'going down, mark my words' is some Mystic Meg shįt, or is there some logical reasoning?

The way we set up. We don't have the quality to play 3 at the back at this level. Our budget is puny compared to the rest.Potter with no experience at this level and it shows. Our shocking defending is what t gets me. It's embarrassing .

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I dont think we played any better today than at our worst with CH. Shocking game, absolute bore fest.

**** me that’s a crass comment. So that was as bad as the Bournemouth drubbing of last season or the Newcastle draw or maybe the Southampton defeat. get a grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Defending? I can't see how that's the problem. Its the goals for column that will decide our fate

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I called it 2 weeks ago. Look at my post on page 1 of this thread.

That's because i told you on another thread somewhere. I said this ages ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The way we set up. We don't have the quality to play 3 at the back at this level. Our budget is puny compared to the rest.Potter with no experience at this level and it shows. Our shocking defending is what t gets me. It's embarrassing .

Our defending was so much better today.

West Ham, Stains and ManC all targeted the awful defending of Montoya from the first minute and it led to costly goals.

March was a huge improvement on Montoya today imho.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
The general play is good but we have burned through some winnable games with a poor return now. You'd hope the luck will turn but it's very difficult to make up those dropped points elsewhere.

Pushing up for their goal kick was naive in the extreme. Propper and Mooy should absolutely not have both been upfield. Could have even made a foul.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not feeling the entertainment. I'm feeling pissed off and frustrated by our inability to get the job done in the final third, and the softness of the goals we concede. I don't know if this is better than the boredom and frustration with our inability to get the job done in the final third, and the inevitably of conceding when we defend against premier league teams for 80+ minutes each game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here