Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The same pundits who slammed how we played in these games last season? Maybe we should just be grateful to be allowed to play them and bin any plans to try and win the game.

They didn't actually criticise us for being more open. They noted Pep praised us, and that Potter praised the players, but were using that to segue to note how poor the defending was for the opening goal, and how the players let potter down by starting so poorly (highlighting that the defence left players umarked, and didn't track their runs the way they should have).

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Was fine with Hughton remaining at the helm as all about steady change in the top division considering we are still raw novices in this league
You only live once so think Bloom wanted a bit more than steady progression
Happy with this new geezer though after having initial doubts about his inexperience
Potter is hopefully going to be a new breed of manager with his methods
I'm still going to be happy with 17th place come the end of the season whatever type of football we play

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
One can compare Potterball to CH but that should not really be the issue. CH was dismissed after 4.5 years which was a great run as managers go and after much success. That does not mean we were obliged to have Potterball. TB went for him, fine, but we need to judge it on its merits (and not look too back too much..we all have selective memories). GP is breaking/has broken up the team of last year and right now I feel we look somewhat weak and naïve (a game of football is not a beauty contest but one where the intention is to put the ball in the net and stop the other side doing it). Burnley in 2 weeks will be an acid test. I do not expect them to give us anything. Let's see if we have got what it takes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They didn't actually criticise us for being more open. They noted Pep praised us, and that Potter praised the players, but were using that to segue to note how poor the defending was for the opening goal, and how the players let potter down by starting so poorly (highlighting that the defence left players umarked, and didn't track their runs the way they should have).

Commentators and neutral observers said that our game plan played right into Citeh’s hands.

That’s always said when opponents push up against Citeh or Liverpool, and leave one on one situations. Their array of world class forwards thrive in those scenarios.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Commentators and neutral observers said that our game plan played right into Citeh’s hands.

That’s always said when opponents push up against Citeh or Liverpool, and leave one on one situations. Their array of world class forwards thrive in those scenarios.

Which ever way we play we will most likely lose against Man City...as has been shown in the past two and a bit season’s where we have not come close to a draw or a win...like most others.

My take is that I’d prefer us to play like against Man City, and the others in the top 6. My reasons being that 1) It’s better to watch and 2) It will give us a better change of scoring or even drawing or winning a game against these teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You surely can’t defend how we opened the match? continually giving the ball away, hopeless tackles, players being dragged out of position - City never had to get out of first gear to score the opener. Just not good enough, rabbits in headlights stuff. Cammie was spot on, pointless preparing a tactical plan if you step on to the pitch like that

I only got my stream working three mins into the game (I did do a lot of swearing when I saw we were a goal down though) so missed the opening goal but what I saw once I started watching filled me with hope for the future

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Looks like Watford was a false dawn. Playing pretty football and getting 1 goal and 1 point from 3 games suggests we will be playing pretty football in the Championship next season.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Looks like Watford was a false dawn. Playing pretty football and getting 1 goal and 1 point from 3 games suggests we will be playing pretty football in the Championship next season.

It suggest you might want to wait a few games. Takes at least 7 games for things to settle down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Our new way of playing will not be judged against the games like yesterday, but can we compete and beat the teams placed 7 and down, something we failed to do enough in the later half of last season. .. the early signs are that we could - seem to be creating chances that if taken would see us with an incredible start to the season - having played teams we could reasonably have expected to be in the top half of the table. It will be about the quality of the finishing. If Bournemouth are a team we would like to be similar to, in terms of style, then we as supporters will have to get used to going on significant runs without winning.. they do so every year. But they also win more because they continue to play the same way - losing 2 and winning 1 rather than 3 narrow draws.
As for the pundits.. getting more and more disinterested in them - they are struggling to find anything new to say about the teams. We, and others, have been slammed, consistently for not having a go, taking the approach to try and stay in it and see if we can sneak something - FA Cup s/f for example. Yesterday was not naiive - it would have been had we needed a point to avoid relegation, but right now GP will be wanting the players to commit to a new approach, regardless of opposition, so it becomes embedded. Setting the team up to defend is much easier and can always be adopted if the season dictates that we must. Now is not that time..

I only got my stream working three mins into the game (I did do a lot of swearing when I saw we were a goal down though) so missed the opening goal but what I saw once I started watching filled me with hope for the future
Completely agree

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Which ever way we play we will most likely lose against Man City...as has been shown in the past two and a bit season’s where we have not come close to a draw or a win...like most others.

My take is that I’d prefer us to play like against Man City, and the others in the top 6. My reasons being that 1) It’s better to watch and 2) It will give us a better change of scoring or even drawing or winning a game against these teams.
Absolutely. We will now have the chance to punish teams on an off day. Including top 6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Results and entertainment please!

We actually have 1 point more after playing the same team's as last year with more against but more goals scored, resulting in -3 GD rather than -4 GD.
So early days but we are ahead on last season at this point against the same team's.

We now have 2 points more playing the like for like fixtures from last year, let's not forget it was 1-3 last time and a better goal difference too -3 against -6 last year.

So it's work in progress, improvements are there in stats and performance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still optimistic. Unlucky with the injuries and it took 15 mins for the team to settle, looked really shaky early on. We played pretty well for the rest of the game. Murray needs to step up if he’s going to be a starter. A couple of moments when in a good position when his ball control was CMS standard. Missed a decent headed chance. Needs to start chipping in as 1-0 is never going to be enough at this level, especially when other teams seem to score with just about every shot on target

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We now have 2 points more playing the like for like fixtures from last year, let's not forget it was 1-3 last time and a better goal difference too -3 against -6 last year.

So it's work in progress, improvements are there in stats and performance.
How about first season like for like?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here