Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Looooool. Some of the handwringing in this thread is magnificent. Sure, we haven’t got the points we would have liked, but I think we’ve been very unlucky with a few results, we played West Ham off the park, we were arguably better than Southampton despite the numerical disadvantage, and we really should have had 3 points today but for a very well hit goal. We are playing much better football and I’m positive the results will come.

That is all good and well but there are games in this league you have to focus on, These first 3 games are them. We must as a club have targetted 5, 6, 7 or 9 points at home. We have got 2 and as a result are well off the curveball now

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
At the risk of opening the CH sacking debate again

What are you basing us getting a better return under CH for those games ? After our run of 2 wins in 22 last season.

For the record last season.

Watford away ... lost
West Ham home .. won
Southampton home .. lost
Man City away... lost
Burnley home ... lost

Like I said, not much really just a feeling.

Again, like i’ve said, I admire GP and his approach and look forward to three points next week :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
At the risk of opening the CH sacking debate again

What are you basing us getting a better return under CH for those games ? After our run of 2 wins in 22 last season.

For the record last season.

Watford away ... lost
West Ham home .. won
Southampton home .. lost
Man City away... lost
Burnley home ... lost

You cannot really put that forward as a benchmark as we were shithouse last season and lucky to stay up

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You cannot really put that forward as a benchmark as we were shithouse last season and lucky to stay up

Agreed, but we're not this season, which kind of renders your previous posts a bit gash. Although the pensioner bit is bang on the money. . . . It's all a bit work in progress, still, and it's early days, and we're in the thick of it, not cast adrift etc etc.

15th is fine by me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair both teams were dog poo today. It was league one standard

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That is all good and well but there are games in this league you have to focus on, These first 3 games are them. We must as a club have targetted 5, 6, 7 or 9 points at home. We have got 2 and as a result are well off the curveball now

I fully appreciate that, and I’m just as disappointed in our points tally as you are, however, I’d be far more concerned if we didn’t actually look like we could win a game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Expelliarmus Potter or we are DOOMED. Potter OUT, Houghten IN!

:wozza:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The performances have been so much better shown by the fact we are 5th in the XG table. However, 5 points is a poor return from the fixtures we’ve had.
be0b6b1e92d21554e8e975d43ce53597.jpg

Last season we would have been relegated on Xg, behind Cardiff. What you find is that the differential between Xg points and actual points is wider for good teams (as in real points exceed Xg) because they have best strikers. The point here is that we are not bad at creating chances, but not good at converting them. Brilliant, never knew that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nervous.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Have you not seen Dale Stephens attempting to smash it in from 30 yards. One of them might eventually make the keeper have to wait for it to go out of player before yelling at his defenders.

Gross used to be a regular have a go merchant, and Solly.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
All good and only 5 games in, the habit of conceding injury time goals hasn't changed yet though.
5 shots on target and 1 goal, Norwich had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals, we need to convert more of these shots.
I see strikers etc. trying to angle the shots or side kick them to fool the goalie and these usually miss or get tapped away.
How about just shooting at the goal, that might confuse him.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I reckon we will play better away from home this season , less pressure on us and after last season's away performances its got to be better.
It seems we are trying to hard at home for some reason so far and once we have a fully fit squad and we sort out pattern of play out we will scare quite a few of the so called big teams.

No more of this hanging on for a draw or being happy to lose 1-0 thank goodness

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, basically trying to quantify it rather than going on opinion.

But how are they doing it?

if opinion as to what makes it a better chance, then my point remains. We created very few clear cut chances despite having a lot of possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here