Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice football between the penalty boxes but really below standard in both penalty areas. It is there where it really matters. We must cut out the errors and ill discipline or we will go down. Let's see how we go against Burnley.

Lose to Burnley and the mood will change on here imo. We need to keep the faith to quote Mickey Adams.

The strikers need to start taking their chances, which they have not done since Watford. It looked like we had some real quality upfront in that game, they have disappointed since

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm happy!

An instant impact on the way we play, which is no mean feat when you inherit a squad who have been drilled into playing a completely different game. Some decent looking signings, some harsh but very well considered bootings out, and a squad who look like they're already enjoying being part of the revolution.

I really don't think we can ask for any more than that after less than a handful of PL games played.

We're a work in progress, and it's started well. Can't ask for more than that. :thumbsup:

This.

Last season it was weak in process. And no prospect of change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lose to Burnley and the mood will change on here imo. We need to keep the faith to quote Mickey Adams.

The strikers need to start taking their chances, which they have not done since Watford. It looked like we had some real quality upfront in that game, they have disappointed since

Watched Bumley tonight against the best team in the world, and they looked aggressive and decent (their 0-3 on a par with our 0-4 ???). Watching the Potterboys going at Bumley, rather than pushing the horse shoe back and forth, will be exciting. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

What's not to like, the boys are spending far more time In the ball against the likes of Man City, this will just breed confidence throughout the squad.
The competition for places is hotter than ever before, and Potter will play the lads on the edge of the first team.
The result will come if we keep behind the lads especially at home.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The football is a great deal better than last season that is without doubt.

It’s enjoyable to watch, it has purpose and as had been said the players look to be enjoying it.

Whilst I agree it’s still early days I can’t deny the lack of improvement in front of goal (apart from Watford) ..... I’m sure it will come good but it’s still a worry that we need to be more ruthless, but at least we are creating something.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
At one point Pep had his head in his hands as we robbed them and made an attack on goal. I can't remember that last season.

So Progress with a little trepidation that we may end up like other attacking teams who are not good enough and get relegated, but then I think we would go down with a bang.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Happy. I had us down for 4 to 5 points by the international break - just not in the order that they came! We'd have got a result against Stains if Andone hadn't been so stupid and today was always a free hit. I expected us to struggle against Watford but beat West Ham which shows what I know - but, this is a different and more progressive team and we've picked up 4 points while we're essentially learning a whole new way.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Having watched all the games so far I have been impressed with the football and with the courage we are showing playing from the back. There were times today we worked our way through one of the best sides that has ever existed and it was good to watch and if we were more clinical we could have had a couple of goals.
We should really be on 7/9 points by now but with better finishing and better discipline. Only criticism thus far is finishing. Something we must address against the smaller sides or the season will be a long hard one despite the great football. However flip it around we have potential to be comfortable in mid table and a good couple of cup runs

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Maybe point out it's a secret ballot so as not to deter the Hughtonites? I'm a 'Very Happier' (can see the potential) but I'd also like to see a fair reflection of the spectrum of opinion.
No one is more of a Hughtonite than me. The football is very pleasing which is good to see.

There is an issue though in that Potter doesn't have the option of reverting to anything else LSE if the good football doesn't start to yield points. I have seen enough to think that it WILL yield points but oh if it doesn't then he could feel obliged to persist with it because he got the job because fans and owners wanted a change in style.

I would like to see Chris' Legacy taken further but despite what many think. To start to dismantle the Dunk and Duffy Partnership unnecessarily is a massive "Faux Pas"

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
D&D are the gaffer. Tape

W&D (40) are the loosen it up and play.

I'd like to think we have defenders who can play football as well as last ditch defend.

It's no revolution, but a good evolution so far . . . We're still weak on the right and lacKing up front, but developing. it appears to me at least, that the weaknesses are in areas we previously felt strong. . . .s o o o. We must be improving.

A point a game is nearly enough, very early days . . .my guess is you need 40 to stay up this year. . . A good barometer will be playing a newly promoted club, and Burnley! the element of surprise/unknown. . . .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Happy but we need to be far more clinical in front of goal otherwise it will be a long season

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
As I said to my fellow hotel guest this evening :bowdown:....”shame about the result, Graham, but thanks for giving us some positive, attacking football so far this season”
“Cheers!”, he said, with a big grin...came across as a really nice, friendly bloke :thumbsup:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As I said to my fellow hotel guest this evening :bowdown:....”shame about the result, Graham, but thanks for giving us some positive, attacking football so far this season”
“Cheers!”, he said, with a big grin...came across as a really nice, friendly bloke :thumbsup:

I bet he's happy. On many levels. One is like Wenger he's come into a club with a strong defence. That's something to build on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here