Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The first international break is upon us, which provides some room to take stock of how the season has started.

Our tally. of four points from four games matches last season's opening where we lost to Watford, beat Man Utd, lost to Liverpool and then drew with Fulham.

It does feel as though we could be on a few more points having been comfortably better than both West Ham and Southampton and I do wonder if we'll consider ourselves still short of fire powers as things progress.

Regardless, few could dispute that the football served up to date is a lot easier on the eye than much of the last campaign. I wonder how fan sentiment will be if we fail to beat Burnley and drop into the bottom three.

How are YOU feeling?

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Decent football, awful results.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where’s the option for “Ecstatic I love watching the Albion play again, SHACKLES OFF”

We’ll be fine but it’s going to be season where are still flirting with relegation as we adjust to being genuine lower PL contenders rather than imposters crapping ourselves whoever we are playing

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Last season we got kicked out of the cup in the 2nd round.

This year, we smashed Bristol Rovers to earn ourselves a glamour tie against Aston Villa.

Progress.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Decent football

But it’s results that count

Still one point above the Hughton tracker

Three points behind the Bedwetting tracker

Burnley is a massive game for the bedwetters to avoid bedwetting

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm happy!

An instant impact on the way we play, which is no mean feat when you inherit a squad who have been drilled into playing a completely different game. Some decent looking signings, some harsh but very well considered bootings out, and a squad who look like they're already enjoying being part of the revolution.

I really don't think we can ask for any more than that after less than a handful of PL games played.

We're a work in progress, and it's started well. Can't ask for more than that. :thumbsup:

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Not only is the football better to watch this season, we have also managed to sign some players who are good enough to play in the starting 11, add in one player from the U23s and we can dream that given more time they will gel into mid table team

UTA

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think poor finishing (West Ham) and an Andone red card (Southampton) are all that have separated us from what would be an incredible start to the season.

Looking beyond that the football is better, we are creating chances and the players look like they are massively enjoying the new approach. All of this against a backdrop of new faces, new manager, tactics and system in its infancy and settling in.

Really positive about the direction we are now going

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was always a little envious of Bournemouth in the PL.

And now we seem to be working towards being Bournemouth++.

So very happy overall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was always a little envious of Bournemouth in the PL.

And now we seem to be working towards being Bournemouth++.

So very happy overall.

I hadn’t made that connection but yes you are spot on. I have been banging on for a couple of years about how much better they were to watch than us. Not any more

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would have voted f*cking amazing if that were an option.

Despite only picking up 4 points, we haven't played a bad game so far, almost all of the football we have played in possession has been good, very nice or excellent.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very happy.

We're playing the style of football that will keep us up by rights.

It's good to watch and a refreshing change from the attacking timidity of last season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It seems like we are playing better because we are having more possession but I'm not completely convinced yet. We still look weak upfront and are missing chances. We are poorer at the back this season as we are pushing up more.

It's beginning to grate that every time the other team has a chance they seem to score. Even today; this was man city's closest game of the season on expected goals something like 1.87 v 1.05. why is this happening is it bad luck or is it the goalie or the defence ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

larus

I don’t think we’ll get relegated, but, if that were to happen, then it won’t be because it’s been negative tactics/boring footballl, it will be due to the ability of the playing side. Potter clearly has the ability to manage and motivate, and I’m so much more optimistic about the future now.

OK, so we lost 4-0, but it wasn’t a defend like it’s the Alamo game, We still tried to take it to them. This season will be enjoyable.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Nice football between the penalty boxes but really below standard in both penalty areas. It is there where it really matters. We must cut out the errors and ill discipline or we will go down. Let's see how we go against Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here