Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about the Potter revolution thus far?

How do you rate the Potter revolution thus far?

• Very happy

Votes: 123 22.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 264 49.3%
  • So-so

Votes: 127 23.7%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I meant the one who went to Man U.

..........anyway, I'm happyish

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
16 shots, OK only three on target but 71% possession. You can see the confidence in the passing game growing game by game. The goals will come. The Alzate offside goal was well worked and an incredibly lucky overhead clearance from Connolly. We are a joy to watch now, we play like we belong in this division. A bit of patience required and I know we will lose games playing like this but equally we will win games and be entertained along the way. I have seen enough to think that we will survive as long as our luck with injuries changes. We have had a lot to key players already

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm so so impressed by what Potter has done so far. If he can transform our style of play that quickly he can get the goals in there too. They just have to keep their heads up.

What a lovely finish by connolly too, such bad luck to meet the equally amazing clearance by schar

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If we can get the finishing right, then we'll be absolutely fine.

Why don't the players shoot more often? It beggars belief the times when we could have shot
yesterday and didn't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another month and we will be bottom with the games coming up.
So realistically 1pt from the next 3 will probably send us bottom.
Looks like another prediction i will get right. Next two games will result in zero points and in the bottom 3.
Ah, you've moved the goal posts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great performance to a certain point.. If it's not our inability score it's the other bugbear which is defending. We played a woeful Newcastle team who were there for the taking lets not get away from that fact.. That's for 5 shit teams we have played and its only produced one win. If you cannot beat these sort of teams then it will only lead in one direction. RELEGATION.
So we're all blind, you're the only realist who can see we're headed for relegation. How much are you willing to bet on that?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
So we're all blind, you're the only realist who can see we're headed for relegation. How much are you willing to bet on that?

What he seems to be missing is that that's how every other team felt when they played us the last two years. They felt we were there for the taking as we just sat there, barely attacked, and almost never looked like scoring.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's difficult to assess much from yesterday as Newcastle were absolutely dogshit. Normally after writing something like that you'd add "...but you can only beat what is in front of you" but we didn't beat them and for all our possession, Newcastle had the equal of our chances. There probably weren't too many Albion fans watching that yesterday who weren't fearful of the sucker punch from the home side, particularly when Carroll was introduced.

For all the "the goals will come" comments, I do fear that we just don't have enough up front. Only managing two goals in our games against West Ham, Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle is positively Hughton-esque.

I'm worried that Murray's powers are waning, Maupay has much to prove at this level and Connolly is on a steep learning curve. It really feels as though Trossard is going to key and we need him back ASAP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
16 shots, OK only three on target but 71% possession. You can see the confidence in the passing game growing game by game. The goals will come. The Alzate offside goal was well worked and an incredibly lucky overhead clearance from Connolly. We are a joy to watch now, we play like we belong in this division. A bit of patience required and I know we will lose games playing like this but equally we will win games and be entertained along the way. I have seen enough to think that we will survive as long as our luck with injuries changes. We have had a lot to key players already

This.

I watched it with my red scouser mate (whose standards are obviously high) and he never pulls his punches (last season when we watched he shook his head at the fare; largely dull, negative and ineffective) and yesterday it was: 'played really well'. No added 'but you need to finish better' etc. The assumption is that going forward (ha ha) finishing is not going to be a massive obstacle.

General view, also, though was that Newcastle are absolute dog shit :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For all the "the goals will come" comments, I do fear that we just don't have enough up front.

The 'goals will come' comments just make me think of the 'winning when you're not playing well...' comments we kept getting last season when after our few wins, some fans were critical of how we played, and how much 'luck' was required. There's a certain feeling of burying one's head in the sand about a serious fundamental issue within the team.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it's difficult to assess much from yesterday as Newcastle were absolutely dogshit. Normally after writing something like that you'd add "...but you can only beat what is in front of you" but we didn't beat them and for all our possession, Newcastle had the equal of our chances. There probably weren't too many Albion fans watching that yesterday who weren't fearful of the sucker punch from the home side, particularly when Carroll was introduced.

For all the "the goals will come" comments, I do fear that we just don't have enough up front. Only managing two goals in our games against West Ham, Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle is positively Hughton-esque.

I'm worried that Murray's powers are waning, Maupay has much to prove at this level and Connolly is on a steep learning curve. It really feels as though Trossard is going to key and we need him back ASAP.

This. Toon’s chances were fewer than ours, but better.

At the moment we’re playing more attractive, more progressive, more expansive football than last year. However, it’s no more effective in terms of goals or points.

It’s a matter of faith, not evidence (Watford aside) as to whether we’ll convert possession and prettiness into goals. I have that faith, but each time we don’t it takes a little dink.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This. Toon’s chances were fewer than ours, but better.

At the moment we’re playing more attractive, more progressive, more expansive football than last year. However, it’s no more effective in terms of goals or points.

It’s a matter of faith, not evidence (Watford aside) as to whether we’ll convert possession and prettiness into goals. I have that faith, but each time we don’t it takes a little dink.

On the stream I was watching we were described by the pundit (can't remember who it was now) as "expansively toothless".

Decent summary, that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...and I did originally write that Newcastle's chances were better but doubted whether my view was correct, so I edited the line slightly!

I honestly think they were. Not once did I come close to putting my head in my hands after one of our chances was missed. I only once went "ooooh" - after the last ditch clearance. I would have done had I been a Toon fan with two, maybe three of theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here