Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Players - Creating New Fans Everywhere

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My wife is, unfortunately, lethal with an air gun. This obviously makes me behave myself. However she has passed this talent on to my 8 year old daughter and I am saving all my daughter's target cards as evidence of this to show her first boyfriend :thumbsup:

Weapon of choice for the select few chavs in Uxbridge :D

Where were they when we were shit?

Bandwagon-jumpers!
He probably wasn't born.
But that's no excuse, he's still a JCL.

OP why don't you ingratiate yourself with this family and offer to pick up the boy on your way to Burnley, or any NW/WM match where you can get an extra child ticket? We might end up with an extra lifelong supporter, and you might acquire an occasional base where you can stay over for those awkwardly timed televised games :)
Everyone’s a winner!

A heartwarming story from my holibobs.....

Just spent a week at The Manor sports and activities hotel in Devon. On the second to last day I went and played cricket with my kids and the wife went off to do an air rifles session. She met us back in the bar with a mum and her two kids, one of whom was in full Brighton kit and we all sat together so he could chat to me and my Brighton mad son. "So where in Sussex are you from...?" I asked to giggles. My wife looked at them and said "tell them",

Turns out they are from Warwickshire and their nearest big town or city is Coventry. Last season, before the Wolves game our players were staying at the same hotel in the West Midlands as the family. As the mum explained with no local team and Coventry now not playing in Coventry her boys didn't have a team but recognised the Premier League stars they were sharing a hotel with.

They got a load of pictures with the players and the kid told me he had a long chat with Muzza who was "really, really nice".

Net result for taking the time out to have photos with a curious kid? A new member of the seagull family, a sale of a brand new full junior kit and someone who wants to go to our aways in the Midlands and North.

Disgusting should be following Coventry, my boys made trips to Gillingham to support the Albion. Another example of what's wrong with football.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Just spent a week at The Manor sports and activities hotel in Devon. On the second to last day I went and played cricket with my kids and the wife went off to do an air rifles session. She met us back in the bar with a mum and her two kids, one of whom was in full Brighton kit and we all sat together so he could chat to me and my Brighton mad son. "So where in Sussex are you from...?" I asked to giggles. My wife looked at them and said "tell them",

Turns out they are from Warwickshire and their nearest big town or city is Coventry. Last season, before the Wolves game our players were staying at the same hotel in the West Midlands as the family. As the mum explained with no local team and Coventry now not playing in Coventry her boys didn't have a team but recognised the Premier League stars they were sharing a hotel with.

They got a load of pictures with the players and the kid told me he had a long chat with Muzza who was "really, really nice".

Net result for taking the time out to have photos with a curious kid? A new member of the seagull family, a sale of a brand new full junior kit and someone who wants to go to our aways in the Midlands and North.

What's The manor House like?

Thinking of going with my son for a long weekend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What's The manor House like?

Thinking of going with my son for a long weekend.

If you like sport or craft it’s brilliant. The price you pay will cover all you sports activities, three large buffet meals a day and craft lessons, but not materials, which are extra. In 6 days we did football, speed cricket, rounders, swimming, golf, pool, snooker, kurling (pushing stones on wheels with a pole), shooting, archery and bowls. My daughter also made a jewellery box, mug and eggcup. All this was free except the cost of the last three items’ raw materials.

Food is “school dinners” stylee but plenty of it. Booze is extra but wine and beer is reasonable and there’s a large gin bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
My wife is, unfortunately, lethal with an air gun. This obviously makes me behave myself. However she has passed this talent on to my 8 year old daughter and I am saving all my daughter's target cards as evidence of this to show her first boyfriend :thumbsup:

Teaching an eight year old girl how to shoot. What could possibly go wrong ????

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Teaching an eight year old girl how to shoot. What could possibly go wrong ????

Not much with an air gun. 8 is the minimum age there and they have to be supervised at all times by an adult and understand the safety talk. Once they are 12 they can shoot by themselves. There's no live ammo on site at all - just pellets and laser guns.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Brilliant.
Just shows how much a little gesture like that can mean.
Well done Muzza!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We're big in Japan, I shyte thee noot

Isn't that as a result of the Rugby Union World Cup game at the Amex between Japan and South Africa. I've heard of a lot of Japanese tourists visiting the Amex as it's the location for one of Japans greatest sporting achievements.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Isn't that as a result of the Rugby Union World Cup game at the Amex between Japan and South Africa. I've heard of a lot of Japanese tourists visiting the Amex as it's the location for one of Japans greatest sporting achievements.

Seems that way , my son visits Japan regularly to compete in martial art tournaments and we seem to be very popular with the locals wherever he's competing , not quite up there with Sheffield Wednesday yet obviously but the Japanese still talk about the day they defied all the odds in Brighton

ありがとうございました as they say .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here