Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Players - Creating New Fans Everywhere

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A heartwarming story from my holibobs.....

Just spent a week at The Manor sports and activities hotel in Devon. On the second to last day I went and played cricket with my kids and the wife went off to do an air rifles session. She met us back in the bar with a mum and her two kids, one of whom was in full Brighton kit and we all sat together so he could chat to me and my Brighton mad son. "So where in Sussex are you from...?" I asked to giggles. My wife looked at them and said "tell them",

Turns out they are from Warwickshire and their nearest big town or city is Coventry. Last season, before the Wolves game our players were staying at the same hotel in the West Midlands as the family. As the mum explained with no local team and Coventry now not playing in Coventry her boys didn't have a team but recognised the Premier League stars they were sharing a hotel with.

They got a load of pictures with the players and the kid told me he had a long chat with Muzza who was "really, really nice".

Net result for taking the time out to have photos with a curious kid? A new member of the seagull family, a sale of a brand new full junior kit and someone who wants to go to our aways in the Midlands and North.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on...you sent your wife out rifle shooting!

She is the reading sniper and I claim my £5

Just spent a week at The Manor sports and activities hotel in Devon. On the second to last day I went and played cricket with my kids and the wife went off to do an air rifles session. She met us back in the bar with a mum and her two kids, one of whom was in full Brighton kit and we all sat together so he could chat to me and my Brighton mad son. "So where in Sussex are you from...?" I asked to giggles. My wife looked at them and said "tell them",

Turns out they are from Warwickshire and their nearest big town or city is Coventry. Last season, before the Wolves game our players were staying at the same hotel in the West Midlands as the family. As the mum explained with no local team and Coventry now not playing in Coventry her boys didn't have a team but recognised the Premier League stars they were sharing a hotel with.

They got a load of pictures with the players and the kid told me he had a long chat with Muzza who was "really, really nice".

Net result for taking the time out to have photos with a curious kid? A new member of the seagull family, a sale of a brand new full junior kit and someone who wants to go to our aways in the Midlands and North.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apologies for the intervention, I require a MOD ruling.

Amazingly there are people less gifted than me, in the ways of the 21st century.
Can I explain to my fellow technophobes how easy it is to watch live Kabaddi?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Hang on...you sent your wife out rifle shooting!

She is the reading sniper and I claim my £5

My wife is, unfortunately, lethal with an air gun. This obviously makes me behave myself. However she has passed this talent on to my 8 year old daughter and I am saving all my daughter's target cards as evidence of this to show her first boyfriend :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Apologies for the intervention, I require a MOD ruling.

Amazingly there are people less gifted than me, in the ways of the 21st century.
Can I explain to my fellow technophobes how easy it is to watch live Kabaddi?

Simply open Google and type "live Asian entertainment". Make sure you DON'T use the "in private" option as this automatically bans Kabaddi. You're welcome.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My wife is, unfortunately, lethal with an air gun. This obviously makes me behave myself. However she has passed this talent on to my 8 year old daughter and I am saving all my daughter's target cards as evidence of this to show her first boyfriend :thumbsup:
Christ, she's only 8. How many boyfriends has she had?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good thread [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

One non-local who got the bug I came across is a lad who grew up and lived near Chester, and who started following us after FansUnited. He was about 15 at the time. I remember giving him a lift back home after an away game (at Tranmere or Blackpool. Could have been Burnley). He still follows the Albion, and posted on the Mailing List. He's probably on here but has disguised himself well :lolol:

One down, a thousand million to go - we will achieve world domination.

And here is some music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXlrhktTLU

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good thread @Guiness boy

One non-local who got the bug I came across is a lad who grew up and lived near Chester, and who started following us after FansUnited. He was about 15 at the time. I remember giving him a lift back home after an away game (at Tranmere or Blackpool. Could have been Burnley). He still follows the Albion, and posted on the Mailing List. He's probably on here but has disguised himself well :lolol:

One down, a thousand million to go - we will achieve world domination.

And here is some music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXlrhktTLU

Well, when I started this thread I didn't think this would lead to Jah Wobble, but I'm certainly not complaining :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We may now have the ironic situation of any Coventry City fans he may acquire as friends, referring to him as a 'plastic'.....

Indeed. 20 years ago I couldn't possibly imagine writing this situation this way round.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Where were they when we were shit?

Bandwagon-jumpers!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Cool....

The Manor is bloody ACE. Brilliant for all ages and family groups, always something going on that you might want to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here