Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forget the score

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
It was always going to be virtually impossible to get a result today. The performance especially first half was very impressive actually passed through them a few times and looked very good on the counter. With some luck and better finishing we could’ve gone in level. Webster looked decent once he settled in and that run which done for Laporte was great to see. And the reason why we bought him Duffy won’t be back for a while on that showing.

Going forward we were incisive with some lovely one touch passing and switching the play across the field. We will beat a top 6 side away from home this season on this showing. Trossard gets himself into great positions and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet today. I really hope he gets his shooting boots on soon as he could be an absolute steal come the season end. Everyone put in a shift and would be totally unfair to be overly critical of the lads today.

I hope now with another couple of weeks before the next game mr potter can instil further confidence into them and start picking up the points our play deserves.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Wise words .... not often we can take any positives from a four-nil defeat but today we definitely can. Potterball, a work in progress.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It was always going to be virtually impossible to get a result today. The performance especially first half was very impressive actually passed through them a few times and looked very good on the counter. With some luck and better finishing we could’ve gone in level. Webster looked decent once he settled in and that run which done for Laporte was great to see. And the reason why we bought him Duffy won’t be back for a while on that showing. Going forward we were incisive with some lovely one touch passing and switching the play across the field. We will beat a top 6 side away from home this season on this showing. Trossard gets himself into great positions and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet today. I really hope he gets his shooting boots on soon as he could be an absolute steal come the season end. Everyone put in a shift and would be totally unfair to be overly critical of the lads today. I hope now with another couple of weeks before the next game mr potter can instil further confidence into them and start picking up the points our play deserves.

But all I heared on BT Sport Score was Friendly, Testimonial, not out of first gear, passing around them at ease and we'll out of their depth.
I really hate these so called pundits who swoon all over the top teams.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
But all I heared on BT Sport Score was Friendly, Testimonial, not out of first gear, passing around them at ease and we'll out of their depth.
I really hate these so called pundits who swoon all over the top teams.

Agreed. All the commentators seem to say that the Albion played well but City were ruthless.

The key is keeping up that level of performance. Against teams that are not at City's level (everyone except Liverpool) results are possible.

It's easy to forget that City pumped 5 past West Ham on the opening day.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It was always going to be virtually impossible to get a result today. The performance especially first half was very impressive actually passed through them a few times and looked very good on the counter. With some luck and better finishing we could’ve gone in level. Webster looked decent once he settled in and that run which done for Laporte was great to see. And the reason why we bought him Duffy won’t be back for a while on that showing. Going forward we were incisive with some lovely one touch passing and switching the play across the field. We will beat a top 6 side away from home this season on this showing. Trossard gets himself into great positions and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet today. I really hope he gets his shooting boots on soon as he could be an absolute steal come the season end. Everyone put in a shift and would be totally unfair to be overly critical of the lads today. I hope now with another couple of weeks before the next game Mr Potter can instill further confidence into them and start picking up the points our play deserves.

I watched the whole match on the PC and the only real difference in the two teams was the quality of the finishing. The ball that came across for Maupey in the first half at 1-0 down was superb, but Maupey was rear post as opposed to running in on the front post. Naivety up front cost us, but with the style of play tha GP is trying to install, it is only a matter of time. Great to see Aaron Connolly get his first (of many I am sure) games.
Also match possession %s 54/46 so much better than in previous encounters.

Positive despite the result.

TNBA

TTF

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
We should’ve notched a couple of goals. Really expansive stuff. City are so good offensively. Away support really quiet - no idea why

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
I have, had a £327 accum come in off a £5 today

Never expected us to win today but thought we actually played well, room for improvement, let’s see how we do with Burnley before we panic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If anybody actually saw today’s performance away at City and last years and can’t see the massive progress we’ve made then they’re absolutely clueless. No point even debating with them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I didn't see or listen to the game as was driving back home from Devon but this thread fills me with hope. Remember this is a City team that won the FA Cup Final 6-0 and stuck five past West Ham away on the opening day. 4-0 up there is about par and I was much more concerned I was missing news on how we were playing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't see or listen to the game as was driving back home from Devon but this thread fills me with hope. Remember this is a City team that won the FA Cup Final 6-0 and stuck five past West Ham away on the opening day. 4-0 up there is about par and I was much more concerned I was missing news on how we were playing.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: "The game was tough. The result was 4-0 but the performance not because they did really well.

"Few teams come here to play with this courage. The difference? My players up front are incredibly good and they make the difference."

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This might sound over the top, but there were times during the game today when I genuinely felt that you could have mistaken the match for a tie between two top 6 sides, maybe not a City vs Liverpool, but a City vs an Arsenal or a Spurs, we really didn't look out of our depth against easily one of the best teams in the world.

The result doesn't bother me, but the performance bothers me in the best possible way.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I watched most of the game on an overseas stream with some Irish guy commentating and he was very complimentary of us. Saying that we played well and stopped city play.
The different was the quality of finishing, city are on a different planet to everyone else, oh for aguero in our team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I watched most of the game on an overseas stream with some Irish guy commentating and he was very complimentary of us. Saying that we played well and stopped city play.
The different was the quality of finishing, city are on a different planet to everyone else, oh for aguero in our team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes, I think that was Keith Andrews.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here