Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton & Hove Black Wheelie Bin Recycling Collection!!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Here in the western reaches of Hove we haven’t had a recycling collection since the 3rd of August ( 2 missed Collections) Can anyone shed any light as to what the issues are, seemingly the weekly refuse is as normal so it surely can’t be strike related?

Unfortunately now 4 weeks of recycling will be decanterd in to black bin sacks and taken down the tip[emoji29]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My neighbours get through a couple of bottles of wine a night, their recycling box looks like a bottle mountain at the moment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Here in the western reaches of Hove we haven’t had a recycling collection since the 3rd of August ( 2 missed Collections) Can anyone shed any light as to what the issues are, seemingly the weekly refuse is as normal so it surely can’t be strike related?

Unfortunately now 4 weeks of recycling will be decanterd in to black bin sacks and taken down the tip[emoji29]

I think you'll find Facebook is the actual social media platform of choice for complaining about this issue as elected officials seem to read that. Only failed ones on here, unfortunately.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Can't you just recycle at your local tip , there should be separate receptacles for cardboard ,glass bottles , metal ( cans ) plastic bottles , batteries etc there ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not good enough, pay enough council tax

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Try your local councillor .city clean have had issues with breakdowns, size of trucks getting into roads, that sort of thing.

Our local councillor Peter Atkinson labour guy is brilliant and is all over cityclean like a rash. They are really struggling and we have many issue in mile oak with collections.

If you can find out who your local councillor is try and get them on twitter or Facebook

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Try your local councillor .city clean have had issues with breakdowns, size of trucks getting into roads, that sort of thing.

Our local councillor Peter Atkinson labour guy is brilliant and is all over cityclean like a rash. They are really struggling and we have many issue in mile oak with collections.

If you can find out who your local councillor is try and get them on twitter or Facebook

I read that on the website, we too haven't had a collection for a month.
I wonder if I just stopped paying a percentage of my council tax whether they'd accept a small paragraph stating that I'm a bit short of money at the moment on a website they had to search for themselves would be acceptable?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I have contacted one of the three and he has assured me he is on it however i find it incredibly frustrating that in B & H we always have agro with what is a fairly straight forward service.

I lived in th Burgess Hill area for a couple of years and never experienced any issues even with the heavy snow in 2010 & 2012!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here