Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Respect...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m all for showing respect etc, but has black-armbanding now gone a bit far? Today we wore black armbands because the opposition’s team manager’s best friend’s daughter has sadly passed away...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This is not how you do internet.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I’m all for showing respect etc, but has black-armbanding now gone a bit far? Today we wore black armbands because the opposition’s team manager’s best friend’s daughter has sadly passed away...

I didn't know why that was. Did you get ITK information ?

Anyway, does it matter ?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
That is why it is, yes, Luis Enrique’s Daughter. Yes, it is tragic at such a young age, and I’m respectful of that.

My point is, the tenuous links by which black armbands are done these days.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That is why it is, yes, Luis Enrique’s Daughter. Yes, it is tragic at such a young age, and I’m respectful of that.

My point is, the tenuous links by which black armbands are done these days.

Oh **** off.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Get a life

Man City requested the team wear them. Brighton could have said No but to offer "Respect" they agreed to do so. Would you rather the Club had been "Disrespectful" and Said No. ?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Ask yourself OP, if you would have started that conversation with strangers in the pub. Or even, acquaintances in the pub? Or would the self-restraint part of your brain have kicked in before you began talking?

There's a growing section of society where respect is deteriorating these days. When a club actually pays tribute to someone who's died, you can't in good conscience knock them for doing so. Some thoughts are best left in the comfort of your own head.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m serious. Fifty years ago players would only wear a black armband if a player or manager of the club’s illustrious past sadly passed away.

Wind forward 50 years and our players are wearing black armbands because the opposition team’s manager’s best friend’s daughter sadly passed away. We cant be far off the point where senior player matchday shirts are printed with a black armband already on them, because the frequency will be so often, surely....

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m not at all disrespectful, and I’m glad the club did as the home team asked.

My point is, this must be the most tenuous link imaginable, to ask players to wear one, that’s all.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Do you have children ? if you don't, when you do you will understand. If you have children then you are a total c**t.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Do you have children ? if you don't, when you do you will understand. If you have children then you are a total c**t.

I'm thru with sticking up with your pathetic transfer claims, you had your chance w**kstain no feckoff..

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Good grief, we are all a bit snowflake today aren’t we?! I haven’t objected to us wearing them, I’m fully respectful of the club doing the right thing, I’m just remarking how protocols have changed over time, to this extremely tenuous example. Flipping ‘eck snowflakes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here