Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Yet another another PCN thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I parked in the PCN behind the Connaught in Worthing.
Bought my ticket.
Returned before the ticket expired.
Left the car park.

Not All Hero's Wear Capes.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Bought my ticket.
Left the car park.

You drove a car ! all that bleating you give us about bloody cycling and now you tell up you drove a car ! judas !!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I didn't realise old rusted boneshaker push bikes were eligible for a pcn.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Bought my ticket.
Left the car park.

There is a Penalty Charge Notice car park in Worthing?

I presume that is why you parked your bike there, knowing that you could not get a charge if you over-stayed.

Bit silly to buy a ticket for a bike, though?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Advice please from the experts here. Parked on the seafront today, used the paybyphone app as I've done many times and returned to find a PCN from the council. On checking it seems I entered (months ago) the wrong registration for the car - I used a I instead of a 1. Any thoughts on grounds for appeal - to a reasonable person it seems an honest mistake and I've evidence I paid for parking in this car at that location but I'm not always sure common sense prevails in these matters.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Advice please from the experts here. Parked on the seafront today, used the paybyphone app as I've done many times and returned to find a PCN from the council. On checking it seems I entered (months ago) the wrong registration for the car - I used a I instead of a 1. Any thoughts on grounds for appeal - to a reasonable person it seems an honest mistake and I've evidence I paid for parking in this car at that location but I'm not always sure common sense prevails in these matters.

Whilst I can’t abide people who park where they shouldn’t or over stay their welcome, there come on here bitching and calling for Lady Boy to help, in this instance appeal it , you should be fine!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

The Council are usually reasonable about such things, they're not like the dodgy parking companies.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there any time limit to which a parking company must reply to either accept or reject an appeal.? Wife appealed a PCN on 12th Sept and has not heard anymore yet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife has received a reply from Premier Park basically acknowledging her letter then ignoring it and going on to say that in relation to the Protection of Freedom Act (PoFA)2012 They require details of the driver with no mention of cancelling the PCN or otherwise. This is required by 15th October 2019. I dont think that she should provide it.

I think she should write that it is totally immaterial who the driver was as she has provided the signage details and blue badge holder details which is sufficient to show the PCN was issued incorrectly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wife has received a reply from Premier Park basically acknowledging her letter then ignoring it and going on to say that in relation to the Protection of Freedom Act (PoFA)2012 They require details of the driver with no mention of cancelling the PCN or otherwise. This is required by 15th October 2019. I dont think that she should provide it.

I think she should write that it is totally immaterial who the driver was as she has provided the signage details and blue badge holder details which is sufficient to show the PCN was issued incorrectly.

BG - thought it worth replying directly here rather than to your PM - that way everyone knows what CJTCs Premier Parking are. So, Premier Parking don't belong to the BPA so POPLA is a no go. That means your wife is open to the kangaroo court of the IPC ( Idiots, Pr1cks and Cvnts5 as I prefer to refer to them as ). The highlevel advice is appeal ( which clearly your wife has ) and then ignore them as they will automatically dismiss your appeal ( as they have ). You ( or you on behalf of your wife ) could go back to Premier and point out that under POFA there is no requirement to name the driver and that if they intend to use POFA then they need to answer your wife's appeal as the Registered Keeper. Depends if you want to be an awkward bugger ( :wink: ) or not. Personally I don't think Premier Parking are worth your time but it's entirely up to you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Time is not a problem to me but I dont want to pay the fine which is totally incorrect and she doesnt want to go to a county court. If I can do this for her via letters I will stick with it and fight them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife has received notification that her appeal was rejected on the grounds that to take advantage of the free blue badge hour she should have pressed a yellow button before inserting any money. I didnt see any notification of a yellow button and looking at the sign on line cannot see any notice to that affect. They have given us a number to appeal to POPLA so are going to go down that route.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This happened to me when I went to Bournemouth for the day, paid and a completely different REG came out, I assume it was a higher car I had a couple of years before, 12 quid down the drain!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I assume it was a higher car I had a couple of years before,

how-to-put-a-car-on-stilts-and-still-drive-it__342849_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here