Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
3-0 down & some on here think that’s fine given their wealth. Well actually it’s not - I want my team to win every match home or away. Give it a go, not just go through the motions. Burnley & Bournemouth as well as Palace do. Us - never.

New manager - but same inbuilt problems.

Will be a long & hard season. If it wasn’t for that Watford win we would be bottom

What a load of Bollox

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
3-0 down & some on here think that’s fine given their wealth. Well actually it’s not - I want my team to win every match home or away. Give it a go, not just go through the motions. Burnley & Bournemouth as well as Palace do. Us - never.

Will be a long & hard season. If it wasn’t for that Watford win we would be bottom

Are you actually watching the game?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

I'm not normally given to criticising other opinions but... but... that's nonsense!

You're right. I've gone too far. I apologise.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Why sub in Murray? I don’t get that. Why not try something new? Connolly is a great sub and good for the experience but what is 20 minutes of grandpa Glenn going to realistically benefit, either for us or for his own good? Bring on some less used players, try them in new positions, whatever but 3-0 or 4-0 really doesn’t make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To score a goal or two?..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Have you had a stroke or something, to come out with this ridiculous cr@p ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3-0 down & some on here think that’s fine given their wealth. Well actually it’s not - I want my team to win every match home or away. Give it a go, not just go through the motions.
We have given it a go. We were never realistically going to get anything today.

You're a dull, tiresome troll. You thought we were the worst team in the Championship in 2015/16, when we robbed of promotion on the last day. The following year you insisted we were a mid table team, but we were brilliant and the first team promoted.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No conclusions drawn from the Southampton game because of the fact we played 65 minutes with ten men.

Watford and West Ham are the only games we’ve played against teams we would look to judge ourselves against under normal circumstances and we’ve done well.

Putting ten men behind the ball at City and losing 2-0 or playing a more attractive game and losing 3-0 or 4-0 tells us absolutely nothing about how we’re likely to do against the teams that matter.

I disagree we played well against West Ham. I also think losing Andone shouldn't have affected us as much as it did. Our defence for Southampton's first goal was poor.
We never seem to get anything against Burnley so it could be 4 games without a win. We're not scoring goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's certainly progress to show a willingness to try something different when every match has been lost at the top six teams so far. The media outlets are saying that Albion have had plenty of opportunity.

Previously there may not even have been a targeted shot in the game.

I think that's progress- especially as away matches at mid-table sides have a chance of a result now. As for City, like for any other team in our position, they are just too good.

There’s me thinking we drew at Arsenal [emoji6][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Superb that Connolly also gets a decent chunk of time on the pitch against Manchester City. A genuine, tangible pathway to first team action. Really gives the U23s something to shoot at.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why?

Genuinely curious.

City were nothing until the oil sluiced its way into Manchester. They are the epitome of everything wrong with football. Loathsome.

United dominated for far too long, they always got all the big decisions because Fergie was always in their face, although he has gone now if they can have some more tough years it will make me happy!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Another decent chance for us, I can see us battering a few teams this season.

Could've easily had a couple here today. Finishing the difference.

Impressed with how we've played.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aguero has 7 goals from 7 shots, that is the difference. World class.
**** me. My stream is a little behind, but I'm not sitting through that shit.

D

Deleted member 2719

Superb that Connolly also gets a decent chunk of time on the pitch against Manchester City. A genuine, tangible pathway to first team action. Really gives the U23s something to shoot at.

Exactly Connelly and Webster must feel in dreamland today.

Love the youth policy, it's the future and will pay dividends eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here