Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Trossard :bowdown:

TROSSARD.gif

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A couple of mistakes admittedly however I don’t think we are playing too bad considering the home opposition

49% possession against one of the best fluid passing sides isn’t what I would call bad.

Proper seems slightly off the pace (not just the goal) and I would consider Mooy as a replacement second half to find the link up in the centre that we are missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely it's Stephens who's looked off it from my stream. He's played quite well so far this season but he's just not as good under pressure as Propper.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's deluded people like you who cannot see that defending like we do in the Premier league is only going to end up one way. Why do teams look like they are always going to score against us no matter who they are. ? To gun-ho for my likening.
I fully expected us to lose today but lets not kid ourselves, the chances City had while not playing well we could easily be going in 4-0 down at half time.
Just not convinced by these tactics. So vulnerable at the back. We look all over the place.

I simply don't agree at all. We're playing Man City who can afford to pay more for a fullback than we can for our entire team. We conceded an early sloppy goal against City in the Cup semi final under ultra defensive Hughton.

Look at the goals we've conceded before today and they've come from individual errors, if we'd taken our chances against West Ham and Southampton and Andone hadn't cost us I think we'd be on 9 points. It's hardly Potter's fault that we don't have clinical enough forward players. Even today we've had a few chances that we should have done better with.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Strangely it's Stephens who's looked off it from my stream. He's played quite well so far this season but he's just not as good under pressure as Propper.

Propper other than one individual piece of sublime skill has been awful, and cost us the goal.

Stephens has looked more composed for me

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Brighton are getting forward at every opportunity. They had five men on the edge of the Man City area in their last attack.'

I like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we don’t get some serious kudos from all the pundits later for our enterprise and endeavour I’ll be seriously pissed off

Best prepare yourself now.

The narrative was written at 14:45.
The scoreline will echo the narrative.

Be ready for:-

'City never had to get out of 3rd gear'.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Fine first half score doesn't reflect how well we have played, Man Cite are a fabulous team and the odds are they have already won this game but we are playing well certainly much better than the Wembly game last season

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Propper other than one individual piece of sublime skill has been awful, and cost us the goal.

Stephens has looked more composed for me

He was poor with the goal. But Stephens has given the ball away a lot and slowed the game down at the wrong time on numerous occasions. Stephens was also dispossessed at the end of the half which should've led to 3-0, although he did get back and get a good touch on the ball.

Considering who they're up against though and considering how new this system is to everyone, they're doing pretty well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It makes me laugh how people actually draw any conclusions from games like this. We’re playing one of the best teams in Europe. 0-2 is almost a miracle, 0-3 is par, 0-4 is still OK. It has to get to at least 0-5 before it can be described as in any way a bad result, but even then I wouldn’t criticise. It’s no reflection on us, they’re just incredible. They do it to everyone. They scored 45 goals in 14 home games against the bottom 14 last season.

We’ve only actually played two games that offer a fair look at where we stand and we took four points from them. I don’t think even early impressions can be formed until we’ve played Burnley and Newcastle.

Two games? Watford, West Ham & Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here