Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Going to be a long season defending like we do. This has 4-0 written all over

Thankfully no other side has the pace and movement city have, not at all worried as we're not looking anywhere near as bad as last season. Agree maybe 4-0 but would be nice for us to pinch one, maybe Connolly if he gets on for the last fifteen or so.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A couple of mistakes admittedly however I don’t think we are playing too bad considering the home opposition

49% possession against one of the best fluid passing sides isn’t what I would call bad.

Proper seems slightly off the pace (not just the goal) and I would consider Mooy as a replacement second half to find the link up in the centre that we are missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ridiculous negativity, this is the best game we've given city since we were promoted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Christ there are some deluded folk on here. Almost expecting us to hold City to 0-0 until 85 minutes and nick a winner. They're in a different class entirely - it could happen for us one day, on a really off day for them, but not early in the season before their fixture congestion.

It's deluded people like you who cannot see that defending like we do in the Premier league is only going to end up one way. Why do teams look like they are always going to score against us no matter who they are. ? To gun-ho for my likening.
I fully expected us to lose today but lets not kid ourselves, the chances City had while not playing well we could easily be going in 4-0 down at half time.
Just not convinced by these tactics. So vulnerable at the back. We look all over the place.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Christ there are some deluded folk on here. Almost expecting us to hold City to 0-0 until 85 minutes and nick a winner. They're in a different class entirely - it could happen for us one day, on a really off day for them, but not early in the season before their fixture congestion.

I think we will win this 2-3 with a Stephens second half hat trick.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Promising performance against the best team in the world. I’d much rather lose this game 5-1 and have actually had a go at them then than another 11 men behind the ball and still lose performance like we saw last season.

No doubt there will be the usual f*cking morons on here who in their desperate urge for a flicker of attention will try and say we’ve played poorly and say this is proof we’re going to struggle/get relegated. Attention seeking clowns whose football knowledge extends to how many players on a team and not much else.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
This is the hardest game we'll have all season - we've looked alright at times to be fair

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
I really don’t understand the pessimism. Before the season started when you looked through the schedule did you really mark this game down for a tie or a win? No, everyone expected us to lose this game, including us. The most important thing is HOW we lose and to be honest we’re playing pretty decent. Stuck to the game plan after the very early goal and have threatened their goal a few times. This is a respectable showing against one of the richest and best teams in the world. Be optimistic and realistic!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
0-2 predictable score line, but been quite impressed with Brighton at times. CH was brilliant, but just parking the buss at all away games had probably run its course for me at this level.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
It's deluded people like you who cannot see that defending like we do in the Premier league is only going to end up one way. Why do teams look like they are always going to score against us no matter who they are. ? To gun-ho for my likening.
I fully expected us to lose today but lets not kid ourselves, the chances City had while not playing well we could easily be going in 4-0 down at half time.
Just not convinced by these tactics. So vulnerable at the back. We look all over the place.

I don’t remember Watford scoring too many!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hmmmm.

City haven't gotten out of first gear. It's too bad that our style is tailor made for them.

I guess it's just about enjoying the little things today. Trossard dancing past players in their penalty box, Propper flicking the ball over someones head, Burn pulling a huge hoof out of the sky like he's Bruno.

My main positive take away is that Trossard has that little spark of magic that we've not seen in a Brighton player in the premier league. Those of you able to watch him in the flesh enjoy it.

Also, we're clearly not going to win the game so lets give some game time to Connolly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here