Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] ***Official Fridat night drinking thread *** going out ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Iced water with - and this is the exciting bit - a slice of lemon.

:cry:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Just finishing a bottle of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Primitivo Salento. It's not the most sophisticated thing I have ever drunk but on offer at six quid a bottle it is an absolute steal.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It was a couple of glasses of cold cava in the last of the afternoon sun followed by a rum and coke while cooking dinner then a bottle of hophead with dinner and finally a bottle of sol around the firepit.
Knocking it on the head next Thursday for a while.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just got back from the cricket.

Started at the micro Watchmakers by Hove station, and was extremely disappointed.

Ordered 4 pints of a Northern Monk beer, of which the guy poured two, and said he had to get a new barrel, fine ok....

One of the 2 poured looked awful, but on asking, it was meant to be like that. The 2 from the new barrel were far brighter and cleaner.

They took me for a prat just to sell a pint of shite from the bottom.

I won't be going there again, tossers.

Anyhow, back home and it'd ICE COLD Punk now, normality again!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got home from bar hopping on my bicycle with a friend. Polish lager, Kölsh, dry white wine, dry Martini, bottled beer is what I remember.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not till the sun comes up then heading for a cooking contest in Leeds. United my mrs & I stand. Will be watching Leeds & Swansea at Elland Road most likely by telly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had a rare Friday night off that coincided with a few mates being kid free / no working today etc and so had a rare boys night out with all the trimmings. Several fizzy Fosters in The Buck, an Amstel in The Ferry and a dirty kebab on the way home. Fell asleep watching Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone fishing with a tray of chips on my lap. Woke up on my armchair at 3am with all my clothes on and an opened, undrunk bottle of Grolsch next to me. I know this is standard Friday for a lot of folk but it's a really rare treat for me these days.

Very good fun and too rare an occurence these days what with work and other people's kids etc. I am about to go into a marathon two months of overtime, with only a handful of nights off so it was a bit of a Last Hurrah until a 24 day break in November (the true advantage of working a 4 on/4 off shift pattern, taking only 8 days annual leave gets you 24 days off in a row).

Surprisingly I'm not hungover this morning which is grand as it's an early breakfast and then we are striking out for the Downs for a solid but not too taxing 20k stroll.
I have a bit of a noisy bottom but brekkie should settle that down :)

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thinking of heading he other way to the Whisk(e)y Room and then Wax Cactus. Could meet in the middle at Wine and Reason?

Missed this post. What is the Whisky Room like Bozza ?

And Wax Cactus .... I can remember when that was Tansleys and Cook - The tv shop. I used to live opposite.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just got home from bar hopping on my bicycle with a friend. Polish lager, Kölsh, dry white wine, dry Martini, bottled beer is what I remember.

Two opened but undrunk cans of Elvis on my lounge floor this morning.
I can remember something from Vibrant Forest and then lots of Lagunitas IPA.....lots

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

You should've given Dean Saunders a call, I'm sure he'd have been up for it. Of course he'd only have had a pint though.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You should've given Dean Saunders a call, I'm sure he'd have been up for it. Of course he'd only have had a pint though.....

Does he cycle?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Missed this post. What is the Whisky Room like Bozza ?

And Wax Cactus .... I can remember when that was Tansleys and Cook - The tv shop. I used to live opposite.

Whisk(ey) Rooms is nice enough - quite eclectic inside. We had a couple of cocktails - I didn't clock what the beer offerings were like but suspect it may not be brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here