Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] ***Official Fridat night drinking thread *** going out ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let’s hear your line ups but as yet I can’t name mine as I’m going out out in 10 minutes. Beer no Evil and The Bike Store to set things moving so will report in later with a plethora...nay an abundance a profusion or maybe a superfluity of spelling and grammatical errors hidden amongst my inane drivel concerning the evenings beverages.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
A bottle of U.P. ultimate Provence Rosé,been chilling all day,ready to wash down a Salmon steak and roasted Mediterranean vegetables with garlic and rosemary roasted new potatoes...happy Fridat all you lovely NSC.ers!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let’s hear your line ups but as yet I can’t name mine as I’m going out out in 10 minutes. Beer no Evil and The Bike Store to set things moving so will report in later with a plethora...nay an abundance a profusion or maybe a superfluity of spelling and grammatical errors hidden amongst my inane drivel concerning the evenings beverages.
Sounds like you started before you left home?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Gulas at a nearby jidelna, whose names escapes me, then, for the rest of the evening, Raven IPA 14deg @Uncle Paya - A bit hooked on it at the moment

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’m laying very low tonight. I was blue lighted to hospital yesterday afternoon with chest pains, just got home now, thankfully cardiac incident ruled out. Might manage a solitary beer, but doped up on morphine and codeine. COYMS.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes, I bloody well am going out. Had a shite day WFH with all sorts of crap going on in the office. Been at it since 7:30 and only just about to finish, so think I deserve a few :cheers::drink::drink::drink::cheers:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On a paleo diet for a few weeks so no beer. Might enjoy a glass of red though which is paleo-friendly-ish

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m laying very low tonight. I was blue lighted to hospital yesterday afternoon with chest pains, just got home now, thankfully cardiac incident ruled out. Might manage a solitary beer, but doped up on morphine and codeine. COYMS.

Why would they give you morphine and codeine? The latter is a pro-drug, a small percentage of which is converted to morphine by the body. Giving both is like making a dry Martini with some ice, plus a tray of water that you put in the freezer in case you fancy some ice later.

I hope your chest pains issue resolves. I had it 20 years ago and it was passed off as a viral infection of the pericardium (the membrane that holds the heart in place). I wasn't given any painkillers though. You may be a victim of the opiates epidemic.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Afraid I started some time back when Mrs Jakarta and I attended an Afternoon Tea Party held by the Chair of her Arts Group which happily was started by a choice of fizz or wine before moving onto sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam and home made cakes. 2PM start and 5.30PM finish, marvellous scenes. Feeling absolutely stuffed at present but will no doubt consider a glass or two later on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m in France, I’ve got some red wine and cider on the go.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Why would they give you morphine and codeine? The latter is a pro-drug, a small percentage of which is converted to morphine by the body. Giving both is like making a dry Martini with some ice, plus a tray of water that you put in the freezer in case you fancy some ice later.

I hope your chest pains issue resolves. I had it 20 years ago and it was passed off as a viral infection of the pericardium (the membrane that holds the heart in place). I wasn't given any painkillers though. You may be a victim of the opiates epidemic.

Thanks. Diagnosed as viral costochondritis which I’ve suffered before, but this time, the pain was 50 times worse and the paramedics treated me for heart attack initially. Given two huge whacks of iv morphine in hospital, and big dog cocodamol for home. Suffering but still kicking. Thx.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Leaving work for home now. Got a Hot Peri Peri Chicken and rice being delivered at 7.30pm, which will be washed down with some ice cold white wine - then later on it's a trip to Lagerville in front of the telly whilst I look down at my new booze induced gut.

Tomorrow night is my last drinking night - then I'm taking September to November off.... Goodbye belly, Hello rehydration and excercise again - so this'll be my last appearance on this thread for a bit. :glare:

Happy Fridat to everyone, and have a good Weekend :)

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A supermarket Pinot Grigio to cool me down before heading out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks. Diagnosed as viral costochondritis which I’ve suffered before, but this time, the pain was 50 times worse and the paramedics treated me for heart attack initially. Given two huge whacks of iv morphine in hospital, and big dog cocodamol for home. Suffering but still kicking. Thx.

Crikey! Hope it clears up soon. Take some anti-inflams (the analgesics won't redice the inflammation). :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Thinking of heading he other way to the Whisk(e)y Room and then Wax Cactus. Could meet in the middle at Wine and Reason?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here