Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Lancing pub?

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are there actually any decent pubs in Lancing?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
The place on the beach was pretty good the other night, a beautiful evening and the loveerlies were out in force, lots of bikinis, beer was cold and the pizzas looked and smelled lush.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The place on the beach was pretty good the other night, a beautiful evening and the loveerlies were out in force, lots of bikinis, beer was cold and the pizzas looked and smelled lush.

The Perch. Yeah, but it's not a pub really. Nice enough for a couple on a summer evening.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Pubs - not really. The less said about The Farmers & The Railway the better.

Crabtree is passable as is the New Sussex Hotel (Old Three Horseshoes) on the front, and the Perch is largely only open during daytime hours. There is the Miller & Carter restaurant in North Lancing which used to be the old Sussex Potter and does have a bar area but they don't serve any draught ale if that's your thing, and the The Joyful Whippet to the west (see Farmers and The Railway).

Better to trek a couple of miles East and head for Shoreham. A few crap ones there too, but far more to chose from and some pretty decent amongst them.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There is a little brew house off the high St I've had a pint in on odd occaisions, seemed ok but I was onlt there for 1/2 hr while my lad had football training.

The Stanley Ale House

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
There is a little brew house off the high St I've had a pint in on odd occaisions, seemed ok but I was onlt there for 1/2 hr while my lad had football training.

The Stanley Ale House

The Standley Ale House is ok nice beer but lacks any atmosphere, the New Sussex which has recently changed name to The Beach again nice beer and big beer garden

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thank you. I drink in Shoreham ( The Buck and The Welly mainly) an was just curious as I'm spending a bit of time in Lancing of late.

Peteinblack

Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Before I finally left Lancing in the early '80s, the pubs were dire: The Farmers, The Railway, The Crabtree, The Grinstead Arms - all as rough as..... There again so was Lancing. Throughout my teens, I couldn't wait to move to Brighton.

I actually made a brief visit to Lancing a couple of months ago, while I was on a work-related trip down to Brighton, and saw that The Railway, and The Farmers, are still trading. To be fair, they might well have improved enormously in recent years, although I didn't go in to find out :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here