Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] James Anderson to miss Ashes series

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1167421534723592194[/TWEET]

Experienced pain playing for Lancashire second XI this week, Craig Overton called into squad to replace him for Old Trafford

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Big responsibility for Archer to step up now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Big responsibility for Archer to step up now.
It shouldn't be. Anderson is our best and most senior bowler, so Archer isn't expected to fill his shoes, he's our least experienced bowler. It's on Broad & co to step up, while supporting Archer as he learns about test cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Who would he have come in for?
Bowlers all did a great job and Woakes now bats at 5 as well.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who would he have come in for?
Bowlers all did a great job and Woakes now bats at 5 as well.

Woakes doesn't bat at 5. We haven't quite got to that stage of crisis !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If Woakes has to bat at 5, then we might as well gift wrap the urn now and send it to Australia

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm thinking that he may have played his last Test match.

What's the winter Test series? If it had been an Ashes one, you could have seen him stringing it out. Obviously it's not, so you can easily imagine him deciding to call it a day.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Massive blow. Our battery of fast bowlers has been whittled down by injury. All of a sudden another injury and we look pretty threadbare.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a shame Archer and Anderson never got to play in the same test side. I fancy if Jofra stays fit he could get 400 test wickets, especially as Anderson now and Broad in a year or two will be completely out of the frame.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's the winter Test series? If it had been an Ashes one, you could have seen him stringing it out. Obviously it's not, so you can easily imagine him deciding to call it a day.

New Zealand in November. South Africa in December and January.

Ridiculous schedule.

Why they can't give the players Christmas off is absolutely beyond me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
New Zealand in November. South Africa in December and January.

Ridiculous schedule.

Why they can't give the players Christmas off is absolutely beyond me.

Suppose it's a tradition thing in the southern hemisphere, isn't it? A Boxing Day Test match? I

'll be honest, I'd happily spend my Boxing Day sat at Newlands, or the MCG, watching world class cricket in the sunshine, over being at home in the cold, looking at piles of chocolate and wondering how Mrs Brown's Boys gets a Christmas special every year.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Suppose it's a tradition thing in the southern hemisphere, isn't it? A Boxing Day Test match? I

'll be honest, I'd happily spend my Boxing Day sat at Newlands, or the MCG, watching world class cricket in the sunshine, over being at home in the cold, looking at piles of chocolate and wondering how Mrs Brown's Boys gets a Christmas special every year.

One of my best Boxing Days ever was being at the MCG 2010 watching a procession of Convicts heading back to the dressing room 99 all out. Then Strauss and Cook (can we have them back please?) walking back at Stumps on 157 not out.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Time for new blood, 37 is getting on a bit in professional sport and we should be looking to progress. Not knocking Jimmy, but he knows he won't be bowling when he is 50.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

I went to Cape Town a few years ago (the day stokes got a double hundred). 30 degrees, tickets quite cheap, beer is about a quid, table mountain in the background. For anyone considering it I would say 100% go - my best holiday ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here