Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trip to Man City tomorrow

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Just wondering what people's plans are tomorrow if you're heading up?

Me- leaving early- driving- renting someone's driveway to park on, hoping to have a wander round town pre-match. Driving back in the evening with 3 points in the bag.

Any top tips for Manchester / the Etihad?

UTA

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Train, going from Hassocks as Coastway West is buses, grrrrr

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just wondering what people's plans are tomorrow if you're heading up?

Me- leaving early- driving- renting someone's driveway to park on, hoping to have a wander round town pre-match. Driving back in the evening with 3 points in the bag.

Any top tips for Manchester / the Etihad?

UTA

Very similar... leave early... pick friends up in Birmingham... 'Parkonmydrive' quite close to the stadium... and fingers crossed for the game... and home again after the match.

Whatever happens, it will be a good day out!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Just a warning for anyone planning to go to or through the city centre - Extinction Rebellion. It's their weekend in Manchester! Currently blocking Deansgate. Obviously this lot do not need to work on a Friday.
I doubt if they will fancy mixing it with a football crowd near the Etihad, but if they move a bit then Northern Quarter with all its liquid refreshment establishments may be under threat of the big yellow boat.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Driving up first thing with my partner and son. Staying at my flat in Castlefield and dinner at Albert’s Shed (best restaurant in Manchester).

Heading up to Scotland on holiday Sunday with my partner. Son coming back home to Sussex.

Not expecting much so will just enjoy the experience.

Really looking forward to it - never seen a game at the Etihad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lock your car. And hope they don’t have blasters. Manchester is a hive of scum and villainy. You should be cautious. Mos Sidey especially lovely part of town. Twinned with Disney.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Came up from London today and staying in an Air BNB about 20 minutes from the ground. Surprised at just how many children are wearing City shirts and carrying the merchandise. The Blues do really seem to have taken over the heart of Manchester.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Fairly straightforward train from Brighton arriving in Manchester at 11.30 a.m. ,Not sure where will be drinking, last year it was a huge sports bar where the Man U match was being shown. Want to avoid that and find somewhere more friendly with better beers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't know where you're starting from but don't go to Hassocks via Hurstpierpoint. The road is shut.

Ok thanks, is that the road after you have driven past Hassocks FC and the Garden Centre and you cannot turn right at the lights to go to the station ?

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Ok thanks, is that the road after you have driven past Hassocks FC and the Garden Centre and you cannot turn right at the lights to go to the station ?

No it's the one on the left past the garden centre. Your route sounds fine.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'd go to the City Centre for a few drinks and then get the tram to the Etihad as there's nothing good around there. City Arms is a decent real ale pub if that's your thing. You can catch a tram from Market Street to the Etihad. Manchester has nearly always been a mainly City supporting city, Salford is the red side of town.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Although I’ve kept my season ticket going for this season, this is my first game since a temp move to North Wales with work, so am bang up for this, & it’s only a 2.5hr drive for me!

Blimey where are you? I live in North Wales and it’s an hour to Manchester. You must be out in the wilds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here