Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Kitchen - Plastic splashback / wall covering

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
So instead of tiles in our new kitchen, we want that colourful plastic sheet covering

anybody recommend suppliers and / or fitters please ?

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
No offense but IMO the plastic/acrylic coverings look pony, I'd suggest going for glass instead.

Southern Counties Glass are excellent and offer a full template/fit service, or supply only if you want to do it yourself.

Failing that Altro's stuff is pretty decent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No offense but IMO the plastic/acrylic coverings look pony, I'd suggest going for glass instead.
If the budget won't stretch to glass, just have it plastered and then painted with a gloss finish. It'll look good, wipe down well, and you can repaint it every few years.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Toyed with the idea of acrylic when renovating our bathroom, finally decided to use porcelain tiles as acrylic panels looked dodgy to fit especially if walls are not exact and expensive when all edgings and fixings were considered. when refitting our kitchen I used matching worktops and upstands with the only splashback used being a bespoke coloured glass panel for the wall behind the hob, used a good quality vinyl matt paint for the newly plastered walls and ceiling and 14 months later it still looks great imho, mainly because Mrs G's efforts, so she says!
Looked on Amazon and ebay for acrylic panels as seemed more reasonably priced there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here