Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Russell Slade

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Appointed manager at Hereford FC.

Worked miracles for us all those years ago, and I keep an eye on Hereford results, so it’ll be interesting to see how he does there!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Best of luck to him! Won’t say a bad thing about Slade. It’s hard to imagine where we would’ve been had we not had the great escape. Yes we might have still had TB, but would Gus Poyet have come to a league 2 side?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Right man at the right time for us, have the utmost respect for the guy. He was a dead man walking once TB picked up the reigns though, and to be fair, it was another right man right time appointment once Salde had been binned. But he more than played his part.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Right man at the right time for us, have the utmost respect for the guy. He was a dead man walking once TB picked up the reigns though, and to be fair, it was another right man right time appointment once Salde had been binned. But he more than played his part.

Part of that Great Escape was at Hereford, and Bristol Rovers. Both very memorable away games. After the game at Bristol I really believed we could do it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SALDE in

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Part of that Great Escape was at Hereford, and Bristol Rovers. Both very memorable away games. After the game at Bristol I really believed we could do it.

The stunning rebirth of OGH as a dangerous forward. Salde really knew how to get a tune out of him.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Best of luck to him! Won’t say a bad thing about Slade. It’s hard to imagine where we would’ve been had we not had the great escape. Yes we might have still had TB, but would Gus Poyet have come to a league 2 side?

No he wouldn’t have - and he publicly praised the work Slade had done, stating he would never had come here had Slade not saved us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone else miss Lloyd Owusu ? If he'd been cryogenically frozen, I'd have him over Locadia.

Actually stuff it, I'd have him over Locadia now, even though he must be about 49.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone else miss Lloyd Owusu ? If he'd been cryogenically frozen, I'd have him over Locadia.

Actually stuff it, I'd have him over Locadia now, even though he must be about 49.

Lloyd Owusu I'd have in a heartbeat. Not so keen on that raise the roof though. What a shit celebration that was.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I will never forget that crucial header right in front of our end at the Weston Homes Community stadium. Marvellous scenes! :O:albion2::albion:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Yes, I remember him at the Bristol Rovers away game.
He was barely able to be fit enough to play and he was on the side of the pitch stretching and stuff to make sure everything was sort of working, then went and did the bizzo.
Probably our most short termed total legend.
That was a great night at Rovers.

Coxovi

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
That was my first season as an Albion fan, he is partially responsible for the addiction.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Lloyd Owusu I'd have in a heartbeat. Not so keen on that raise the roof though. What a shit celebration that was.

9A2CCF03-2546-4822-9E78-85A217B0F5AE.jpeg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Harshest sacking in our history

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Only 42 in fact, and is now working as a schoolmaster down under. We need to remember though, that his success with the Albion was in League One, hardly the Premier League where Locadia has been strutting his stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here