Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surprised by the club today (Womens football related)

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Had a phone call yesterday from the club to ask if I would mind being interviewed for the website as I'd bought a Womens Super League season ticket so I said yes even though its a bit out of my comfort zone.

Opened the door this evening to discover two players (Emily Simpkins and Victoria Williams) on my doorstep with the club photographer and a cameraman to present me with my season ticket in a presentation box as I had been the first to buy one this year! Shocked does not even begin to describe it!

So if you see pictures or a video on the website of someone looking shocked and giving stuttering answers that'll be me :D Really chuffed though as it was a nice touch by the club :)

UTA!

Had a phone call yesterday from the club to ask if I would mind being interviewed for the website as I'd bought a Womens Super League season ticket so I said yes even though its a bit out of my comfort zone.

Opened the door this evening to discover two players (Emily Simpkins and Victoria Williams) on my doorstep with the club photographer and a cameraman to present me with my season ticket in a presentation box as I had been the first to buy one this year! Shocked does not even begin to describe it!

So if you see pictures or a video on the website of someone looking shocked and giving stuttering answers that'll be me :D Really chuffed though as it was a nice touch by the club :)

UTA!

Don't forget you are communicating with people on here who even get upset about receiving e-mails from the club about the womens team.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't forget you are communicating with people on here who even get upset about receiving e-mails from the club about the womens team.

Only when the email appears to be something it is not. Most of us have little interest but are not anti the women's team. I like the OP and it's a good thing to promote women's football.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The difference is, she/he made sure the thread title was clear that this was about women’s football so I assume those that get upset haven’t even looked at this thread.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Even if you hadn’t bought a season ticket they probably would have come round just to tell you about the frigging squad numbers...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The difference is, she/he made sure the thread title was clear that this was about women’s football so I assume those that get upset haven’t even looked at this thread.

I refer you to the ARS in post #2 :moo:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
LOL - I did expect their to be some who would comment on this even though I'd made it clear it was about the Womens team so they didn't *have* to click into it ;)

Regarding the comments about season tickets, according to the letter I got from Hope with the presentation pack they have already sold 500% more season tickets this season than last which I think is mostly due to interest post the Womens World Cup. Ok, so the numbers are a lot less than for the mens team but its still encouraging!

Still smiling about the visit today (probably until they post anything about it on the website and I start cringing at being tongue-tied!) :D

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

UTA!

What a nice touch by the club. Hopefully you remembered to offer Emily and Victoria a cuppa!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
LOL - I did expect their to be some who would comment on this even though I'd made it clear it was about the Womens team so they didn't *have* to click into it ;)

Regarding the comments about season tickets, according to the letter I got from Hope with the presentation pack they have already sold 500% more season tickets this season than last which I think is mostly due to interest post the Womens World Cup. Ok, so the numbers are a lot less than for the mens team but its still encouraging!

Still smiling about the visit today (probably until they post anything about it on the website and I start cringing at being tongue-tied!) :D

So referring to Ernestos post that’ll be five?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you buy one of these STs, do you get to choose which players come round your house? I could be tempted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here