Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WSL numbers out - are YOU excited?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The BIG women's match this weekend is 2pm Sunday - Steyning Town v Newhaven. At Shooting Field (Birchwood Ground) - BN44 3RQ. The magic of the FA Cup. Bar open. Sky Sports. You know it makes sense.

No opt-out of these posts I am afraid.

!
Isn't "BIG women" football a little niche ?

Didn't even know there was a league.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Opened this thread to express my disgust that the WSL are getting something that those of us in the WSU aren't.

I'm disappointed I that I can't be disgusted.

We got that sweet little window that sells hop house 13 and guest food that changes every game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good luck to our womens team but what really p....... me off is that while my Seagull Travel ticket has gone up by £50 they run buses to all womens home games that are 100% subsided by the club

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good luck to our womens team but what really p....... me off is that while my Seagull Travel ticket has gone up by £50 they run buses to all womens home games that are 100% subsided by the club
Where from? If one wanted a trip to Crawley (unlikely I know) it'd be worth considering lol.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Saw it, didn't read it, didn't bother me either way. But when I saw your thread title I thought this was about the West Stand Lower.

Thought the same... But that in turn reminded me of a thought i had earlier in the week...

At what stage in a ground's life is it appropriate to name a stand after a club legend? How legendary do you have to be? Should we be petitioning the club to drop (at least) "The North Stand" and request a big sign saying "The Bruno Stand"?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Thought the same... But that in turn reminded me of a thought i had earlier in the week...

At what stage in a ground's life is it appropriate to name a stand after a club legend? How legendary do you have to be? Should we be petitioning the club to drop (at least) "The North Stand" and request a big sign saying "The Bruno Stand"?

Maybe The Kentucky Fried Chicken Run for the legend that is Tank

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is great. All these blokes opting out of women's news might mean an end to these frivolous, boring, nouveau-sexist threads

Frivolous thread? It's literally about frivolous emails from the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is great. All these blokes opting out of women's news might mean an end to these frivolous, boring, nouveau-sexist threads
Did you actually read the thread before getting on that high horse of yours? There are approximately 3 sexist posts in this entire thread.

I am beginning to feel sorry for dear old [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], it's quite clear his beef is with these pointless emails rather than women's football.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He blatantly hasn’t bothered to read other users’ posts or he’d know opting out doesn’t work.

I think his post was frivolous.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I refer you to post six.

Not really about the women's team. More about the poor use of the club's marketing channels.

Apologies [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] - my post wasn't aimed at you at all, it was aimed at posts 8, 9 and 11. The thread isn't the problem, just those specific responses.

Especially regarding Emily Simpkins.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Did you actually read the thread before getting on that high horse of yours? There are approximately 3 sexist posts in this entire thread.

I am beginning to feel sorry for dear old [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], it's quite clear his beef is with these pointless emails rather than women's football.

3 is 3 too many. Disappointed in you there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here