Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Happy 25th!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Can’t stand them. Arrogant tw@ts with a nasally voices, very overrated, because they swear and slag off anyone more successful then them. Ironically they have turned it to what they despised, middle age singers and are now played on radio 2.

Just my opinion of course I am sure many people love them.

el punal

Can’t stand them. Arrogant tw@ts with a nasally voices, very overrated, because they swear and slag off anyone more successful then them. Ironically they have turned it to what they despised, middle age singers and are now played on radio 2.

I’m sure their music will be played pre-match at the Etihad on Saturday. I wonder why? :drink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

This. Heard one of them being interviewed recently and he hadnt changed a bit. Was still and total kn0bhead and full of his own self importance. I mean FULL of it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As tribute bands go I have to admit they are as good as The Rollin Clones.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Quite agree, a few half decent tracks Noel has written but very poor musicians and mostly just rip off songs. Always fancied themselves as the Beatles but the reality was more a crap bay city rollers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oasis are definitely/ maybe overrated. :)

I like many of their songs but they're not really one of my favourite bands, not as good as The Stone Roses or The Charlatans IMO.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This beauty was released exactly 25 years ago. A timeless classic.

Have seen Oasis at Knebworth, Earl's Court, Wembley, BBC Oasis unplugged and watched them film the video for Stand By Me in Feltham.
As a group, I think their music is classic and unparalleled.
Noel Gallagher is the songwriting genius, Liam Gallagher is a total buffoon, but still then, had a great voice.
All of course IMO :thumbsup:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Blimey, there's some right old grumps on this thread.

Who cares what they became, this is one of the greatest British albums of the past 25 years. It's an era defining, game changer. Deal with it misery guts!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never a big fan, but having watched Supersonic I can see that in a "right time, right place" kind of way it must've been quite exciting when they first came along if you were into that kind of thing.

Comparisons to The Beatles are obviously ludicrous. Oasis are the World's greatest ever pub band. I mean that as both a compliment and a slight.

Jimmy Grimble

Blimey, there's some right old grumps on this thread.

Who cares what they became, this is one of the greatest British albums of the past 25 years. It's an era defining, game changer. Deal with it misery guts!

Yep - it is one of the great British albums.

Oasis threads/discussions invariably always seem to attract more people ready to tell everyone how shit they were (although I accept post the second album their output was poor). This thread however is clearly about their first album which was - and still is - an excellent listen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant Album and for me it was down hill from here with a few notable exceptions.

Don't understand the need for people to slag them off either musically nor as people. If you don't like them don't get involved in the thread.

Personally I love both Liam and Noel, national treasures in my opinion. Although they would probably be described as such.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ironically they have turned it to what they despised, middle age singers and are now played on radio 2.

In fairness, that happens to every rock act (unless they die).

You must really object to The Who and their "Hope I die before I get old" line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here