Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Poll: PPI Deadline Day! Did you claim? Was it successful?

Have you made your PPI claim?

• Haven't bothered and don't intend do

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Claimed via agent and still waiting

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Claimed directly and still waiting

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Claimed successfully via agent: received over £2000

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Claimed successfully via agent: received under £2000

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Claimed successfully directly: received over £2000

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Claimed successfully directly: received under £2000

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Haven't yet done so but will try to beat deadline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claimed but was unsuccessful

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
23.59 tonight is the deadline for making your PPI claim. I've only just done mine. Left it a bit last minute but all of them are in now. Quite easy to do and no need for an agent.

Have you bothered?
Did you do it via an agent or directly?
Was your claim successful?
How much did you get?
If you haven't yet bothered do you intend to try and beat the deadline?
If this thread motivates you to make a claim and it is ultimately successful do you think I deserve a percentage of yout claim?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yep, got £2750 back from Barclays two weeks ago, after the second time of checking. No third party involved, done it all myself, so money is all mine![emoji3] and the wives...[emoji16]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, got £2750 back from Barclays two weeks ago, after the second time of checking. No third party involved, done it all myself, so money is all mine![emoji3] and the wives...[emoji16]
What made you feel like doing it yourself, given that it had been checked previously?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Went via an agent a few weeks ago as the agent was willing to ask my lenders for free and then pass me the info with no strings attached about using them to claim so I could have then claimed directly myself. As I suspected, because I'm a tight fisted git ( according to Mrs W ), I had no PPI.

Mrs W on the other hand has probably had about £5k back.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

How many wives did you have to share it with?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What made you feel like doing it yourself, given that it had been checked previously?
Both times I did it myself. Very easy to do and only a few people to check with as some like, egg for instance are covered by Barclays so you only need to do one claim.

I did it again as I was getting badgered by the wife to do it. Glad she did.

The thing with agents, for me is a) they take 25% + 20% vat and b) they will ask you for all the details anyway. Unless they just blast everyone which is pretty much what I did anyway and took about 2 hours max whilst watching tv one evening.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Claimed last week and waiting, not expecting anything to be honest. But will at least now not have a what if hanging over my head.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both times I did it myself. Very easy to do and only a few people to check with as some like, egg for instance are covered by Barclays so you only need to do one claim.
Thanks. Why do you think it was successful the second time, but not the first?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Always turned down, so never had any.

You might not have been turned down because you never had any. You might have been turned down because you didn't make clear that it was mis-sold to you.
This is an integral part to the claim. You just have to say something along the lines that you were not told it was optional. The criteria for winning the claim isn't that you had PPI but that it was mis-sold to you

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I know I couldn't have had PPI because I took out no loans, policies or credit cards before 2011. That's how I can be sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here