Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shane Warne describes Chris Adams as a 'Club Cricketer' on twitter

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I wasn't the one who posted Botham's name [MENTION=8124]Pinkie Brown[/MENTION] did that.
I simply pointed out that walking for charity doesn't cover up nastiness.

So you are insinuating ‘nastiness’ on the Botham front? Bet you won’t elaborate.......

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It's a bit pedantic but all county professionals play for a club - like Sussex County Cricket Club

Cricket is recognised as either recreational or first class, yes there are grey bits in between, League clubs have first class players assigned at "club cricket".

Maybe what Warnie was trying to explain was Adams' lack of International cricket?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
From what I can see, Prior starts it by having a go at Lyon. I think it was a dig in the ribs at comments he made during an earlier series about ending careers. Warne joins in and it all gets a little bit silly.

This is exactly right. Through previous nasty comments Lyon made himself a target. I have to say I loved the fact he dropped the ball for that run out purely because of those comments. Just another example of Australian players, old and new, who dish it out but can't take it. And they have the cheek to call us "whinging" poms.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Throw in Botham & Ian Chappell too.

My mate's cousin tells a story about going to an Ian Chappell cricket school in the school holidays when he was growing up in Australia. He said that at the end of the day him and some of the other kids tried to get an autograph off Chappell who promptly told them to f*ck off. What a lovely guy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Chris Adams.
Best clubman ever.
Sussex legend.

Shane Warne.
A strange-looking man.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
So you are insinuating ‘nastiness’ on the Botham front? Bet you won’t elaborate.......

Its the old adage of 'one man's meat etc', I'd heard Botham could be difficult but I've since met him at two charity functions and he was a really top bloke, Phil Taylor also has a terrible reputation, but again when I've met him he's been really down to earth.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Its the old adage of 'one man's meat etc', I'd heard Botham could be difficult but I've since met him at two charity functions and he was a really top bloke, Phil Taylor also has a terrible reputation, but again when I've met him he's been really down to earth.

I think you mean surprisingly down to earth.
wofcYPJ6_400x400.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here