Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] French speeding ticket

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
What really grips my sh*t with all this, is that we can't send speeding fines back to Europe for cars speeding in the UK. Just who agreed for this one way policy? We are a soft bloody touch!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There’s a reciprocal arrangement now which was put in place a couple of years ago.
Previously the DVLA wouldn’t hand over information to non U.K. police forces.
They do now

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Jesus you are dull. Bet you don’t even speed, or get a bit tipsy at Xmas even.

If people exceed the speed limit, they should be prepared to accept the consequences.

If the OP ignores it, I hope he gets clapped in irons if he goes back to France.

And what has being tipsy at Christmas got to do with anything.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Don't even go there !!!! No, I mean it, awful place to navigate and the place I picked up my only French speeding ticket.

Rouen is a wonderful City...…………. Historic, attractive, what's not to like. More medieval buildings standing in the City centre than any other city in France bar Paris.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I marsellie, this sounds like he should just pay up. What has he toulouse.

The French police are normally quite nice and don't make you wait toulon to get it all sorted.

Sure, the process angers some people but they caen only do their brest.

Amiens, I say.

Nice. Well put to Le Mans at least you didn't Rouen it

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As if the police are sat there all waiting and linked to customs for a £40 fine...sorry but in this country we can’t even hand over a patients bed notes between shifts and the French ain’t so different. I’d Caen it if I were you and take my chances on the old allez...

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
There’s a reciprocal arrangement now which was put in place a couple of years ago.
Previously the DVLA wouldn’t hand over information to non U.K. police forces.
They do now

The DVLA will hand over your details to anyone with 4 quid.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
You`re that confident the pound will increase in value !!

That is what we have been promised by our friendly and competent politicians. And I have absolutely no reason to doubt their integrity and ability. We are all going to be millionaires by Christmas thanks to RECLAIMING OUR SOVREIGNTY, which personally has been keeping me up at night for the past 40 years.

I've never been more sure of anything in my life. I've already ordered a supercar in anticipation (McLaren - buy British, obv).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't even go there !!!! No, I mean it, awful place to navigate and the place I picked up my only French speeding ticket.

True. A wonderful place to visit, but driving through there is a nightmare. Going east to west now, we use the A29 to avoid it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here