Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] French speeding ticket

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Hi all,
Just received a ticket for speeding whilst in France. I was in my own uk registered car.

Pay or ignore?

Any advice welcome.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pay up. There are loads of speed limit signs, so no excuses.

Neighbour of mine got a ticket, 93 km/h in a 90. They remember the flash and a car had overtaken them and pulled in ahead of that at the same time as the flash. They were sure they were doing 90. 93 in a 90 seems a tiny margin of error, and potentially a freakish mistaken photo that should have been another car...

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
French law is they have a speed camera sign and a speed limit reminding sign before a camera. No excuses. Chalk it up to experience. Was it the 80euro standard one or were you really naughty?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hi all,
Just received a ticket for speeding whilst in France. I was in my own uk registered car.

Pay or ignore?

Any advice welcome.

Pay.

Colleague of mine ignored a ticket in Spain, five years later he was arrested in a hotel in Lanzarote whilst doing a presentation to prospective clients. Very embarrassing.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Pay.

Colleague of mine ignored a ticket in Spain, five years later he was arrested in a hotel in Lanzarote whilst doing a presentation to prospective clients. Very embarrassing.

Did he have the same car ? As far as I am aware there is no link between car registration and passport.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
God moaning, is this your vehicule?

OfficerCrabtree250.jpg

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
French law is they have a speed camera sign and a speed limit reminding sign before a camera. No excuses. Chalk it up to experience. Was it the 80euro standard one or were you really naughty?

No only 45 euros, was in a section were 90 was reduced to 80 for a short stretch. I was doing 90 kmh

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sure I have read somewhere they have loads of brand new cameras now and lots of UK motorist are getting caught.

I guess if you don't ever want to travel through France again you can ignore it, but probably best to pay it

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No only 45 euros, was in a section were 90 was reduced to 80 for a short stretch. I was doing 90 kmh

Just been over to France whizzing about left right and centre!

How long did you ticket take to arrive?

I think lots of Brits were caught out when the default speed limit went down to 70kph.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Just been over to France whizzing about left right and centre!

How long did you ticket take to arrive?

I think lots of Brits were caught out when the default speed limit went down to 70kph.

Taken 2 weeks to come through

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The EU will not negotiate a trade deal with the UK until you pay it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did he have the same car ? As far as I am aware there is no link between car registration and passport.

For the sake of a small fine would you want to take the risk especially post brexit when you try and enter France and are told at the border you are not going anywhere until you pay the fine and interest and surcharges and once you have paid they then refuse you entrance.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Blame Brexit. They need to raise funds from the UK somehow. :moo:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
For the sake of a small fine would you want to take the risk especially post brexit when you try and enter France and are told at the border you are not going anywhere until you pay the fine and interest and surcharges and once you have paid they then refuse you entrance.

This is correct. If you don't pay they will stop you the next time you enter and demand full payment. If you refuse, they will take the car away. My mate had about 15 of these in 4 trips to go fishing and sought advice from a Mairie via a local who he trusts. He paid up.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Vous êtes frappé à droite mon vieux fils.

As far as I know they cannot endorse your license so no points. Cough up and be more careful.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
For the sake of 45 Euros which is what about £40 it's hardly worth taking a risk for such a small amout. Chalk it up to experience and at least when paid you won't be wondering 'what if'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here