[Help] French speeding ticket

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don’t pay it.

I’m looking forward to the thread in a year’s time entitled “anyone know how to arrange bail in France?”, or “anyone know how to get a car out of a Police pound in France?”.

Don’t spoil what could be a ‘gold’ thread.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was flashed twice in France back in May on a motorway where they'd coned it down to single lane both ways, looked like they were widening the road.

No camera warning signs, neither of us in the front saw the first flash but the other was at a very low level.

We received two 45 euro fines a week or so after our return and paid up. What with peage motoring in France is an expensive business.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Incoming!

garm-4.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
French law is they have a speed camera sign and a speed limit reminding sign before a camera. No excuses. Chalk it up to experience. Was it the 80euro standard one or were you really naughty?

Pay up. There are loads of speed limit signs, so no excuses.

I dont think that is relevant as I took it that the op was asking what would happen if he doesn't pay not disputing the ticket. Being an island I believe that customs at the ports should be automatically linked and notified of fines to foreign registered vehicles and if unpaid by the time of departure at the port the vehicle should be impounded.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A Gallic shrug accompanied by a curt 'Non' should help in clearing the matter up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just been over to France whizzing about left right and centre!

How long did you ticket take to arrive?

I think lots of Brits were caught out when the default speed limit went down to 70kph.

Default on non barrier roads went down from 90km to 80km. Being French they got up in arms about it and it’s now probably going back to 90 in the near future.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pay.

Colleague of mine ignored a ticket in Spain, five years later he was arrested in a hotel in Lanzarote whilst doing a presentation to prospective clients. Very embarrassing.

That's mad. The Spanish police are quite on top of these things and normally provide a clear set of account details the accused can send the fine to.

Sounds like he did Paya Banka

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I marsellie, this sounds like he should just pay up. What has he toulouse.

The French police are normally quite nice and don't make you wait toulon to get it all sorted.

Sure, the process angers some people but they caen only do their brest.

Amiens, I say.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Leave paying until 1st November and €45 will be worth about 45p which makes the speeding a bargain

I think you might have got the wrong idea of how the exchange rate works !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pay up. An easy online process.

I always have, whether the French speeding offence was in my own car or a hire car.

Some of the tickets were for not being at the immediately reduced speed limit on entering tunnels in The Alps. A fair cop, it was my transgression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here