Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Saunders sent down

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is a great help to police when wanting to prosecute idiots who have means to employ solicitor to deny everything

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Indeed. I'm not convinced of the trend in releasing of these videos, conviction and punishment is a matter for the courts not the police. It seems harsh to add humiliation on top of a sentence.

Why not though? The criminal justice system in this country is a broken joke. If humiliation acts as a deterrent outside of sentencing then bring it on I say. Compared to what they do in America - broadcasting court hearings and sentencing, even the convicted being processed in jail post-trial in some cases (taken from prison cctv), imbeciles like Saunders get off far too lightly. I’m sure you wouldn’t have deemed that footage being released a ‘harsh humiliation’ had he killed or paralysed someone while driving drunk.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why not though? The criminal justice system in this country is a broken joke. If humiliation acts as a deterrent outside of sentencing then bring it on I say. Compared to what they do in America - broadcasting court hearings and sentencing, even the convicted being processed in jail post-trial in some cases (taken from prison cctv), imbeciles like Saunders get off far too lightly. I’m sure you wouldn’t have deemed that footage being released a ‘harsh humiliation’ had he killed or paralysed someone while driving drunk.

You're missing my point really - If the justice system is broken (I don't agree, one may not agree with every case but it's pretty good in comparison the the US) then it's for parliament to change it. If the punishment is not appropriate then the courts must correct it. The police, thankfully, do not get to determine guilt or the subsequent punishment.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I know people take a dim view on drink driving but if we started locking people up for it then the prisons will be even fuller than they are now.

Hope TalkSport don't have him back...not because of this....because he is by FAR the worst of Alan Brazil's puppets (with the possible exception of Ginola who thankfully isn't on any more).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Successful appeal...

Saunders has no appeal!

Made me laugh that he didn’t want to do community service because he’s a pundit! A complete ****. Jail was a bit OTT but hopefully his locals will be able to cheer him on in his orange vest cutting verges (whatever).

Needs a thread re what sort of service he would be any use for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here