Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Saunders sent down

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I read that but it says the maximum is 6 months so I ask the question why was DS given a prison sentence at all when the majority of similar offenders dont. Is it a change in sentencing guidelines?

A magistrate or district judge can decide each sentence on merit, so as post 29 says, a prison sentence is the maximum but the USUAL sentence is 24 months disqualification.
It isn't a change in guidelines, but usage of the present guidelines.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
turn back and save yourself!
you are being sucked into the seven circles of [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

I know but sometimes I like to feel virtuous and show up his deliberate misunderstandings. He must be bored tonight.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve listened to Brazil and his cronies and it isn’t a surprise as it’s all alcohol, gambling based culture. Had never seen a photo until now, but OMG he’s making Ruddock looks svelt!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
attachment.php

He’s got a football for a head.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Drink Driving Convict XI:

1. Luke McCormick
2. Gary Charles
3. Tomas Repka
4. Tony Adams
5. Terry Fenwick
6. Jan Molby
7. Jermain Pennant
8. Dean Saunders
9. Micky Quinn
10. Lee Hughes
11. George Best.

could have done a job?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I read that but it says the maximum is 6 months so I ask the question why was DS given a prison sentence at all when the majority of similar offenders dont. Is it a change in sentencing guidelines?

The judge has admitted to making an example of him, which does seem rather harsh to me.

"Throughout these proceedings you have shown yourself to be arrogant, thinking you are someone whose previous and current role in the public eye entitles you to be above the law," District Judge Sanders said.

"In fact the opposite is true - someone in the public eye should expect a deterrent sentence when they flout the law."

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The late Ray Wilkins who was also was a regular pundit for talk sport did the same crime. Make of that what you will.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I know but sometimes I like to feel virtuous and show up his deliberate misunderstandings. He must be bored tonight.

have you read [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] 's post #197 on the locardia thread?

he's dialled the vortex right up to 11...

THINK OF THE GRANDCHILDREN!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Half the chat on Brazil’s show seems to centre on previous pissups. The other half is on arranging future pissups. I’ve given up with it....tedious ‘banter’, poor presenting and Brazil in particular is a mannerless oaf. Talks over others, doesn’t listen to anything anyone says. Time he was put out to grass (not that he’d eat anything green)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clough had a vindictive side to him, there's no denying that. But if you've read anything about him, you'd know he also had a hugely generous and compassionate side to him as well, almost like a split personality. As a manager he was a genius, I enjoyed watching his teams and I also enjoyed his interviews and opinions, I found him a fascinating man.

Saunders making up and peddling stories about BC for cheap laughs (after he was dead) shows a lack of class. Most will have forgotten all about him long before they'll ever forget about Clough.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
New show on Talksport coming up in the future to replace Drive time, Drink and Drive time, presented by Alan Brazil and Dean Saunders.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
BREAKING | Former Liverpool* striker and current TalkSPORT presenter Dean Saunders, 55, has been jailed for 10 weeks at Chester Magistrates' Courts after pleading guilty to failing to comply with a
roadside breath test and failing to provide a breath sample for analysis.

* And Aston Villa, Benfica, Bradford City, Brighton & Hove Albion, Cardiff City, Derby County, Galatasaray, Nottingham Forest, Oxford United, Sheffield United and Swansea City

Wow, I love the way drunk driving gets dealt with back home. Here you get a slap on the wrist for a first offence no more than a 3 month ban unless you are blind drunk then you get 6 months. Second offence does increase to between 6 months and 2.5 years depending on alcohol level. Forget any idea of a custodial sentence. I got t-boned and nearly killed by a drunk driver running lights so I dont have a great deal of sympathy for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here