Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly's goal-scoring record

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aaron Connolly joined the Albion in the summer of 2016 to commence his scholarship. Since then, this has been his goal-scoring record at the club:-

U-18s: 7 goals scored in 20 appearances (13 of them starts)

U-23s: 37 goals scored in 54 appearances (46 of them starts)

First team: 1 goal scored in 3 appearances (1 of them a start)

Overall club record: 45 goals scored in 77 appearances (60 of them starts).

He has also played regularly for the Irish age sides since he has been an Albion player. His record at international level (whilst a Seagull):-

ROI U-17s: 8 goals in 14 appearances (11 of them starts)

ROI U-18s: 0 goals in 2 appearances (both of them starts)

ROI U-19s: 2 goals in 5 appearances (4 of them starts)

ROI U-21s: 1 goal in 5 appearances (3 of them starts)

Overall international record: 11 goals scored in 26 appearances (20 of them starts).

Since he has been an Albion player he has notched 56 goals in 103 competitive appearances at club and international level (80 of them starts).

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
That's is bloody impressive, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him this season, hopefully starting Saturday.

Great stats AZ.

UTA

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good stats there. I know BHA know how to nurture their young lads but surely he is ripe for a start? He will be a success somewhere and hopefully here.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks AZ.

I have a good feeling about this young man. Hope he gets his chance in a league match soon.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hopefully not another Gatting who was prolific for the u23

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] for continuing to be the best poster on NSC. I salute your indefatigability.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His goal scoring record at whatever level he's been asked to play commands respect, and demands that he at least be around the first team this season; bench rather than starting, sure, but definitely in the frame.
Having said that, I think the second half of the season would be a better time to start bringing him in - I really think he could do with a half season loan first (he's only played a couple of senior league games), as long as he's guaranteed game time. League 1, SPL, abroad. Maybe even USG if no-one else will oblige.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] for continuing to be the best poster on NSC. I salute your indefatigability.

959474.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He didn't nominate you as a candidate for that accolade then?
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is too much of a tight arse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, I've met @AZ_Gull and he's not quite as tall as that. (Unless HWT is very short.)

Short on ideas how we can rise up the PL league table but, apart from that, 6 foot, so, no.

Cracking pic, that, though. I guffawed. And consequently my ears took a terrible bum boxing :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I'm still going to boo him.

(It's probably for the best)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hes so much better than Ali J and Locadia. It's a joke how much we spent on them when hes been sitting here waiting.

You feel Connelly should have been promoted into the first team nearly 2 years ago while still playing for Mervue United A.F.C. U20, and be playing somewhere in the midfield?

More insight please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here