Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shame nobody can get a clip of the corner and the eventual shot because I still think you are wrong...although that shot does seem to back up your argument

Sorry, what?

That is the split-second that Murray headed the ball onto Locadia. He is very clearly offside. It's not even close.

But you think he's onside?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, what?

That is the split-second that Murray headed the ball onto Locadia. He is very clearly offside. It's not even close.

But you think he's onside?

Hard to believe I know but I was so sure he was onside when watching on the playback of the stream that I’d still like to see the actual footage :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know you are going to think I’m being a dick about this...but I’m abroad and can’t access BBC Iplayer. I’ll just have to concede! The frames do look very clear I confess

It's a shame it didn't go In as there would have been proof that VAR decisions CAN be made really quickly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are somewhat fantastical when it comes to Locadia.

I sit absolutely in line with Big Jurg, at the time I'd have been very confident that we'd finally 'win' a VAR.

I was sure the Southampton defender and Big Jurg positions were reversed.

I'd have lost the best part of 8p.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Absolutely. No one who recruits, in any line of business, gets it right all the time. Also, maybe the team were following a clear strategy set by the Chairman and/or CEO...who are also learning the PL ropes to varying degrees. Maybe that strategy has changed......maybe Ashworth now has more input......none of us know so simplistically saying Winstanley needs to be pushed out due to a couple of signings that haven’t worked out as well as we’d hoped is a bit of a stretch IMO.

I'm not saying that anyone needs to go, that there definitely IS an issue with any department of the club or that I expect the club to get every signing spot on – I'm not that naive. However, when three big money (for the Albion) signings arrive at the club in quick succession and just over a year down the line (19 months in the case of Locadia) there is talk of them going out on loan/being shipped out/not being able to cut it in the PL, it would surely raise at least half an eyebrow. If, as you suggest, that a specific strategy has changed, maybe that is as a result of the type of discussion/investigation I'm talking about.

As I said before, maybe it's just bad luck (it does come in threes, so they say) or maybe they'll come good. It certainly isn't working for them at the moment and Andone didn't exactly help his cause on Saturday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I sit absolutely in line with Big Jurg, at the time I'd have been very confident that we'd finally 'win' a VAR.

I was sure the Southampton defender and Big Jurg positions were reversed.

I'd have lost the best part of 8p.

Well, I sit more-or-less in line with the other penalty area, and was somewhat less surprised than the majority of our fans in the stadium that Trossard's goal was disallowed courtesy of Burn's offside.
With your one, at least Locadia was culpable for both being offside and missing.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm not saying that anyone needs to go, that there definitely IS an issue with any department of the club or that I expect the club to get every signing spot on – I'm not that naive. However, when three big money (for the Albion) signings arrive at the club in quick succession and just over a year down the line (19 months in the case of Locadia) there is talk of them going out on loan/being shipped out/not being able to cut it in the PL, it would surely raise at least half an eyebrow. If, as you suggest, that a specific strategy has changed, maybe that is as a result of the type of discussion/investigation I'm talking about.

As I said before, maybe it's just bad luck (it does come in threes, so they say) or maybe they'll come good. It certainly isn't working for them at the moment and Andone didn't exactly help his cause on Saturday.

do we know which players were happy to sign for us back then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I sit more-or-less in line with the other penalty area, and was somewhat less surprised than the majority of our fans in the stadium that Trossard's goal was disallowed courtesy of Burn's offside.
With your one, at least Locadia was culpable for both being offside and missing.

I no longer sit behind some very, if not the most, myopic fans.
Maybe I'm losing my critical eye, when no longer faced with a barrage of 'lino do you even know the rules'.

I guarantee they were adamant Andone's defender should have been sent off for diving!!!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am surprised we are even considering this loan out. Yes, he was awful against Stains. Yes, he still has a lot to prove. But we cannot replace him until Jan, so why weaken Potter’s attacking options for relatively little money (I assume)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I am surprised we are even considering this loan out. Yes, he was awful against Stains. Yes, he still has a lot to prove. But we cannot replace him until Jan, so why weaken Potter’s attacking options for relatively little money (I assume)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The impact of a player with a poor attitude on the squad as a whole. I reckon Potter will be very much into the dynamics of the 'team'. Team/ Task/ individual, as per the John Adair theory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here