Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Wonder how much game time he'll actually get at Hoffenheim? They're not a bad side (finished 9th last season), in a much stronger league than Eredivisie. Julien Nagelsmann's gone to Leipzig now of course but I suspect with the squad they have they'll still be targeting a top half finish.

It’s just a stepping stone to B Munich!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't that Bernardo, or maybe they both said similar?

Nope Big Jurg certainly said it, music to Mr Bloom's ears.

In fairness though if you've got to offload some old stock, Utd would be the first place I'd try to fleece.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonder how much game time he'll actually get at Hoffenheim? They're not a bad side (finished 9th last season), in a much stronger league than Eredivisie. Julien Nagelsmann's gone to Leipzig now of course but I suspect with the squad they have they'll still be targeting a top half finish.

I'd be surprised if we get a Barneseque level of interest in Big Jurg's every waking move.

Once gone id imagine he'd need to win a golden boot or 'retire to concentrate on my music' to move the needle on here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Blimey c'est la vie.

I genuinely thought, after preseason, we'd be wowed by Big Jurg II.
I was loud wrong there.

A big shout out for the kidz, from Potter, Ali's gotta at least have a travel bag packed.

You wrong ? Nooooo

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think he's pretty good.

...not his music, that's utter shit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disappointed it didn't work out, but glad he's gone. At least I won't have that mild irritant where after 18 months, some people are still calling him "Locardia". Although we'll still get reports on here of his every Bundesliga goal I suppose.

(Wait, what am I saying ?)

Same people lamenting the firing of Houghton ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We have been crying out for players to come through the youth/under 23 set up and it looks like it may now start to happen. It’s a risky strategy at this level but if it works it bodes well for getting genuinely talented youngsters to come here.

Sorry to see JL go myself but if Potter can bring through youth and it works it will be bloody fantastic

Fingers crossed that Alzate and Connell are the real deal.

BIG change in direction from the club

I agree with this old boy, but not the ‘risky strategy’ part. Surely the path of youthful exuberance and no little talent coupled with genuine PL experience (in those around them), represents a far less risky strategy than spurning 15-20 million on utter dross whilst still running the risk of relegation?

No rejoicing that Jurgen flopped, but I am pleased by the homegrown and promising alternative.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Potter said .
"We’re in a good position for Jurgen to make this move, on the back of the great progress some of the younger players have made over the summer, and in particular Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

“Those two have been excellent throughout pre-season, not looked out of place with the first-team squad and showed on Tuesday night that they are capable of producing for us at first-team level."

Cllub website

Love this. Fair play Potter- however we do this season the way he’s picked up morale both in terms of players and fans has been bloody miraculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Everyone on this thread has assumed potter let him go because he doesnt think he's good enough. I really don't believe this is the case, he's played 2 of the 3 games this season. I think locadia has forced this through and aparantly the Dutch coach at Hoff rates him for some unknown reason.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Blimey c'est la vie.

I genuinely thought, after preseason, we'd be wowed by Big Jurg II.
I was loud wrong there.

A big shout out for the kidz, from Potter, Ali's gotta at least have a travel bag packed.

Yes I did as well.

But last season he wasn't good enough, and despite all too few glimpses of promise the club have made the right move IMO. Good luck to him

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Trossard and Gross performances in last two games made this an easier decision than might have been

Plus Murray clearly earmarked as season long mentor for Connolly too

All of above spells no room for Jurgen and possibly a lot less room for Andone than we might think too

Best bit is we appear to now being buying players so we can play them in their best positions - re Maupay and Trossard

Above was never the case when we signed Jurgen - though it did motivate Murray to keep us up two seasons running

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everyone on this thread has assumed potter let him go because he doesnt think he's good enough. I really don't believe this is the case, he's played 2 of the 3 games this season. I think locadia has forced this through and aparantly the Dutch coach at Hoff rates him for some unknown reason.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would certainly explain why he didn’t look up for the challenge on Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here