Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He'll start against Man City and have a blinder, i reckon.

I quite like the Maupay-Trossard-Locadia front three, andone and maupay are too similar, gross and Murray don't have pace, those three would be our most potent counter attacking force

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree with KG. . . . Maupay and Trossard, but would favour Gross over Locadia . . . . Locadia may be strong but hes no quicker than Gross . . . . Gross can hit a cows arse with a banjo. in fact he could hit its ring piece from 50m with a ball.

and yes Icy, bad attitude . . . . appears like it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Big Jurgs is gash, as is AJ. Andone is a liability and a bit of a nob, Burn doesn't understand the offside rule and Connolly isn't ready for the jump. Who else can we slate in this thread?
Can we slag off March? I'm not comfortable by how lightly he's got off so far this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What happened to those posters who were saying they were gonna drive Big Jurg over to the Germany this week?!
I

They are waiting at the Amex, engines running and stereo system disconnected just in case Jurgen wants to play some of his new tunes on the way

Ernest has kicked off and demanded that he gets the job too

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Haven't read the whole thread.. I think the opportunity against Saints is much harder than people seem willing to acknowledge. A high bouncing ball, a defender diving in at the point of contact, the GK a couple of feet away, a defender moving to far post.. Trying to take the ball with the right foot, in some kind of Ibrahimovich, acrobat stylee ? Deciding in nano-second to let the ball come across body onto the weaker foot, but at a much more manageable height, knowing that to lash it into the roof is only realistic option looks to me to be a pretty reasonable approach. Then we are down to the reality of lashing at a bouncing ball, with the weaker foot - he was an inch or so from getting it perfectly right?
The offside element - we will see this a lot more in the early part of the season... defenders instructed/happy to move up far quicker from corners, holding much higher lines at free-kicks and not moving, knowing VAR will see them right.. attacking coaches will need to devise new strategies, new ways of beating this, players running in from deeper positions as the kicks are delivered for example.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This loan has gone very quiet.

The only German media talking about it are the red tops that have lifted it from the Dutch source. Not a mention in Kicker, one of the largest if not biggest printed & online football news outlet. I suspect if the story had legs they would surely have posted something.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only German media talking about it are the red tops that have lifted it from the Dutch source. Not a mention in Kicker, one of the largest if not biggest printed & online football news outlet. I suspect if the story had legs they would surely have posted something.

Apart from anything else, Hoffenheim must have a pretty lousy recruitment team if they believe Locadia is the answer to any problems they may have, even on a loan basis. Baffling that a Bundesliga club should come in for the player in the first place. Might have expected a bid from the Dutch Walking Football League aka Eredivisie but beyond that? What are they thinking? Don't they have scouts that go out and watch prospective signings, or do they just rely on highly-edited Greatest Hits vids?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
If Locadia is the answer, what on Earth is the question? Could I have 75kgs of prime burger meat please, perhaps?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
There has been a goal this seas with VAR in play where a player is in front of the keeper and in an offside position and the goal stood. Can't recall what match it was - the difference being that the player stood still as the shot was taken and was not stood on the keepers toes.

Yep so that means he was adjudged to not be interfering with play, but why the f**k would you take that chance, unless caught out in that position. Whoever that was clearly understood the rules and made sure he kept out of the way, Burn for some reason didn't, the question is WHY? As [MENTION=205]Tom Hark[/MENTION] has already said in another thread, sure he has been bloody marvellous, but goals are frigging hard to come by and he has cost us 2 and had JL scored (admittedly he was OS as well) it would have been 3. He was also ball watching for the Saints second. Hopefully GP can tighten up his game as he has massive potential, but he cant keep costing us goals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read the whole thread.. I think the opportunity against Saints is much harder than people seem willing to acknowledge. A high bouncing ball, a defender diving in at the point of contact, the GK a couple of feet away, a defender moving to far post.. Trying to take the ball with the right foot, in some kind of Ibrahimovich, acrobat stylee ? Deciding in nano-second to let the ball come across body onto the weaker foot, but at a much more manageable height, knowing that to lash it into the roof is only realistic option looks to me to be a pretty reasonable approach. Then we are down to the reality of lashing at a bouncing ball, with the weaker foot - he was an inch or so from getting it perfectly right?
The offside element - we will see this a lot more in the early part of the season... defenders instructed/happy to move up far quicker from corners, holding much higher lines at free-kicks and not moving, knowing VAR will see them right.. attacking coaches will need to devise new strategies, new ways of beating this, players running in from deeper positions as the kicks are delivered for example.

Yeah but we are talking about Locadia, no leeway because he is shitehouse anyway :rolleyes:

No room for a considered opinion on this

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep so that means he was adjudged to not be interfering with play, but why the f**k would you take that chance, unless caught out in that position. Whoever that was clearly understood the rules and made sure he kept out of the way, Burn for some reason didn't, the question is WHY? As [MENTION=205]Tom Hark[/MENTION] has already said in another thread, sure he has been bloody marvellous, but goals are frigging hard to come by and he has cost us 2 and had JL scored (admittedly he was OS as well) it would have been 3. He was also ball watching for the Saints second. Hopefully GP can tighten up his game as he has massive potential, but he cant keep costing us goals.

Slightly harsh on Burn there...

1. He created the West Ham "goal". Had he not been there, it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

2. Had Locadia been onside and hit the target, I don't think the goal would have been ruled out as Burn would be deemed to be not active/not interfering with play/whatever the terminology is now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like Kicker are now mentioning it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not a mention in Kicker, one of the largest if not biggest printed & online football news outlet. I suspect if the story had legs they would surely have posted something.

locadia.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here