Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Danish hooliganism

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In Denmark it seems an Under 21 International player had his flat set on fire by a fan(s) for switching from Aarhus Gymnastikforening to rivals FC Copenhagen!

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-a-footballers-flat-is-set-on-fire-jens-stage

That's pretty extreme.

"Early this summer, the Denmark Under-21 international Jens Stage received a threatening message on Facebook. It read: “You will never be in Aarhus again – Judas.” Stage’s apparent crime was that he had joined FC Copenhagen from local side AGF.

AGF had been paid around £2.2m for the services of the versatile 22-year-old, which is among the biggest sums paid for a player moving between two Danish clubs, but that did not stop some fans from being infuriated by the deal.

The player carried on with his life but then, in the early hours of 14 July, things turned a lot nastier. It was at around 2am when his flat was set on fire: two people were in the flat at the time and had to escape through a window. The police has not revealed if Stage was one of them. On a smoke bomb there was a message attached: “In Aarhus traitors are punished, you Judas *******.”

The fire was quickly put out but could have been fatal if it had not been for the emergency services. “This is a very old building so it’s lucky it didn’t spread more,” Kevin Jensen, a neighbour of Stage’s, told the Danish newspaper, Ekstra Bladet. “It is horrible to think about what could have happened.
"

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Give us an A"

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If someone told me I could never visit Aarhus again, I can't say I'd be that upset.. I've been there.

Copenhagen is much nicer. :)

Reading the story, they let off a smoke bomb in the place? Mmmmm-kaayyyyy.... :smokin:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
If someone told me I could never visit Aarhus again, I can't say I'd be that upset.. I've been there.

Copenhagen is much nicer. :)

:

I used to go there for work - it is OK. There is a very nice restaurant in the town square, the name of which escapes me. I just didn't like the waiters trying my wine for me.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I used to go there for work - it is OK. There is a very nice restaurant in the town square, the name of which escapes me. I just didn't like the waiters trying my wine for me.

Been to the square a few times, but from memory there are 4-5 restaurants there. Only had beers there, then wander across the road to the off licence on the corner for a few bottles of Viking Blod to take home to friends and family.

I'm actually quite surprised the Danes have done something like this. Most un-Danish!!

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Been to the square a few times, but from memory there are 4-5 restaurants there. Only had beers there, then wander across the road to the off licence on the corner for a few bottles of Viking Blod to take home to friends and family.

I'm actually quite surprised the Danes have done something like this. Most un-Danish!!

Yes, I agree. I always found Denmark to be a very agreeable place. Almost like the perfect manifestation of modern, social democratic Europe.

I sometimes had to work in a town called Kolding, where they would put me up in a hotel that had been converted from a TB sanitorium! Always enjoyed the people and the beers though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here