Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our top five rivals

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Football fans across the country have come together to vote for their club's most loved and hated team.

'The League Of Love And Hate' is an annual survey carried out by tens and thousands of supporters from Premier League, Championship, League One and League Two teams.

They decide who is the most popular among their fanbase and who is the most loathed.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...remier-league-team-according-to-data-20190826

So who are ours?

1. Crystal Palace (85% of our fans asked listed them)
2. Portsmouth (34%)
3. Southampton (33%)
4. Bournemouth (31%)
5. Manchester United (18%)

We feature in the lists for all of those (plus Crawley) with the exception of Man Utd (who weirdly don't seem to give a shit about us, who'd have thought?).

bb2018a05d6462862d58a6a5082b5c72.png

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Disappointed in the Burnley fans ... they got so close to having it pure "B" clubs and they went and ruined it with Preston.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Quite interesting. The figures for first rivals are quite low really, 91% being the highest and 70% the lowest. Unsurprisingly most are based on geography (whatever fans may say). The biggest exception being Stoke, who are the 4th rival of Arse purely down to not rolling over and losing to them.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Disappointed in the Burnley fans ... they got so close to having it pure "B" clubs and they went and ruined it with Preston.

Need to swap Preston with Bury for unfashionable rivals beginning with B.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Norwich have got some unusual ones, Wolves, Leeds and Middlesborough?! Is this some hangover from the 70/80s?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Norwich have got some unusual ones, Wolves, Leeds and Middlesborough?! Is this some hangover from the 70/80s?

Are you suggesting that they're a weird bunch over there in Norfolk?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The biggest exception being Stoke, who are the 4th rival of Arse purely down to not rolling over and losing to them.

Think you will find its much more to do with this "On 27 February 2010, Arsenal played Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium, where a tackle by Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross caused a double fracture in Ramsey's lower right leg. Ramsey was hospitalised, and it was later confirmed that he had broken his tibia and fibula."

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Who are the 15% who didn’t name Palace? What’s wrong with them?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Go back 10 to 15 years and Reading and Cardiff would feature in our top five

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I used to reserve most of my hatred for Palace and Dirty Leeds. Since the Bin Dippers became the National Anthem Booers I've had to include them too. In which order I can't make my mind up.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bournemouth.
Imagine your 1st rival not having you as their 1st rival. That's a bit of an insult.

Interestingly that's also true for Everton, Man City and West Ham so they're in good company none the less. I wonder if their dislike of Leeds is down to when Leeds ran riot back in the late 80's?

For us I'm surprised to see Southampton and Bournemouth so close to Pompey in the dislike stakes. Although thinking about it I'm more surprised that only 34% of Brighton hate pompey. That's a disappointingly low percentage. We need to work on that...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff? I must've missed that one.

League 2 and League 1

Stay off the pitch after the final whistle so Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour and we’re not coming for a poxy point, the Cardiff juggernaut is rolling are my standout memories

You’re a JCL aren’t you? :wink:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Go back 10 to 15 years and Reading and Cardiff would feature in our top five

I was surprised Reading weren't 5th ahead of Man Utd, TBH. Don't think many of our number would count them as being in any way actual "rivals".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here