Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wishful Thinking, Maybe . . . .

el punal

Our trip to Man City this Saturday and I’ve got a funny feeling we might actually get a result. Okay, the reality is that we’re going to get thumped but our style of football has changed dramatically from the last two seasons. No more a case of parking all the buses and try to keep the score down, we have shown over the last three games we play on the front foot and are always looking to get a goal, rather than trying to stop the opposition from scoring.

So our first visit to one of the “big six” this season, with our PL record of one point from twelve games in the last two years - and in all those games the bus park was full, apart from Arsenal last May when we could have won as the pressure was off having secured our place for another year.

Will we at last get that longed for win? Maybe not, but I’m more optimistic than ever before about our chances - here’s hoping.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can see us losing something like 4-2, which considering how most sides do against City, could almost be seen as a "result" of sorts, as crazy as that is.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Our trip to Man City this Saturday and I’ve got a funny feeling we might actually get a result.

Oh we will get a result, no doubt about it. An away defeat, looks most likely, almost certain in fact.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A win up there?

AnnualRadiantGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It does seem that other teams of our level can get these great away results - we had two this weekend with Palace and Newcastle. We are definitely overdue our own shock win. I'm more confident of getting that shock result than I was last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon we'll do them by 5 or 6.

It's a shame Andone has taken the edge off my confidence.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have beaten manure and the Arse remember

I can't see us winning at Man City, but I expect to see us take the game to them. With the potterball factor and our not too shabby performance in the cup we have a few things to build on.

A galant 3-2 defeat, or maybe nick a point . . .Man City aren't invincible, very close, but not quite!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Must still be hanging from the bank holiday

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It will be the first realistic test of Potter’s approach and perhaps remit as well. Will we see something more pragmatic and probing a la CH or do we go for the same approach as Watford?

I’m all for playing with freedom so if that means an open game that we lose 3/4/5/6-2/3 then so be it. I’ll take it on the chin and move on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on folks 33/1 in a 3 horse race.

Go LARGE or go home.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'm with the OP.
We'll need to ride our luck, but there is usually at least one surprise every weekend, and this time it'll be us.
1-2. Trossard and Dunk.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Despite my 2nd post pessimism we do have some hope in the fact that Potter's Swansea very nearly knocked City out of the FA Cup last year so he knows (or knew) how to set up against them. The flipside of course is that Pep will have undoubtedly learnt from that game and will have made some adjustments.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here