Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wishful Thinking, Maybe . . . .

scooter1

How soon is now?
With 3 at the back we have a better chance of holding them off, but if we play with too much naive confidence going forwards I think they will pick us off easily. Montoya and March will have to hold back, and Stephens and Propper will have to cover a lot of ground to support whoever is chosen up front as well as being the second line of defence( the strikers being the first). I can see us scoring, but we will concede more

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I'm on the shock win for us bus. What's to lose, every pundit has it as a nailed on home win. So what have we to lose, absolutely nothing. Let's upset the apple cart big time, actually excited about this one because we are expected to lose, so a draw in a way would be a big result.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What happened to one match at a time.

Big game tonight as we start our journey to get back to Wembley

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Wouldn't suprise me at all , just remember to tell Burn he has to be in a onside position from set pieces and 33-1 are very tempting odds , we're justifiable outsiders , sit back and we'll get beat , have a go there's a slim chance we'll get a result or a tonking , the have a go option is the one way we will get anything from the game so why not .

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if GP changed the tactics slightly for the big 6 matches. No team wants to get hammered. The gulf in class is scary! These games are a free hit in my opinion, let's try and give them a game. We will have to produce a special performance to even get a point, however it's not impossible.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wouldn't suprise me at all , just remember to tell Burn he has to be in a onside position from set pieces and 33-1 are very tempting odds , we're justifiable outsiders , sit back and we'll get beat , have a go there's a slim chance we'll get a result or a tonking , the have a go option is the one way we will get anything from the game so why not .

Looking at those odds, i'd say 12s on a draw is the value bet. City and Liverpool will walk to 1st and 2nd again this season, but will have a few more bad results along the way than last year. I reckon if you keep backing on home draws or losses for them, you'll make money somewhere.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree. Potter showed on Saturday he's prepared to risking conceding more goals to try and get something and we'll see this here. I expect to see us have a bit of a go at them. Sometimes this will backfire and we'll be well beaten, but I'm up for a few hammerings to see some decent football and skank a shock win occasionally.

We have beaten manure and the Arse remember

I can't see us winning at Man City, but I expect to see us take the game to them. With the potterball factor and our not too shabby performance in the cup we have a few things to build on.

A galant 3-2 defeat, or maybe nick a point . . .Man City aren't invincible, very close, but not quite!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1-2 Montoya FGS @ 10,000/1

Stat's retiring to Barbados.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
On of city's only weaknesses is corners so 11 behind the ball...wack it up when we get a chance and try and gain corners somehow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm hoping for a early boost up the league for my FL team, so I'm hoping for a big score and a clean sheet for Ederson :moo:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is the one game in the whole season where we can happily take a hiding!

This.

It took Palace 21 attempts to win at Old Trafford and people think we’ll get a result at Citeh after 3, against arguably the best team in Europe if not the world currently. Not.A.Chance. If we stay in the top flight for another 2 decades and the super league isn’t formed then maybe, maybe we might record a victory up there. Currently more chance of Trump saying something sensible although of course, we always travel in hope not expectation.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This.

It took Palace 21 attempts to win at Old Trafford and people think we’ll get a result at Citeh after 3, against arguably the best team in Europe if not the world currently. Not.A.Chance. If we stay in the top flight for another 2 decades and the super league isn’t formed then maybe, maybe we might record a victory up there. Currently more chance of Trump saying something sensible although of course, we always travel in hope not expectation.

Much more eloquent type writers on here than me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fact that many of us are thinking 'mmmmm.......maybe' is a testament to the roister doister turnaround that Harry Potter has brung upon our club. I'm feeling emotional. Truly. I'll be strapping myself in at 2.55 Saturday, ready for the ride of my life.

Meanwhile, away from chez madame swish, I hope you all enjoy the match :thumbsup:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Although I am delighted with the appointment of Potter one of the things Chris Hughton got right was ensuring our goal difference was worth that extra point compared to the team around us. That was built primarily from not getting hammered away at the big boys. By all means we should have a go but an adventurous 6-0 doesnt do any good at all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This.

Didn't Palace beat City at their place last season 2-3?*

*pretty sure Trump didn't say anything sensible yet...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Although I am delighted with the appointment of Potter one of the things Chris Hughton got right was ensuring our goal difference was worth that extra point compared to the team around us. That was built primarily from not getting hammered away at the big boys. By all means we should have a go but an adventurous 6-0 doesnt do any good at all.

I seem to recall that spirited games away at Liverpool, ManU, City, Arsenal and Spurs in particular despite defeats were close fought contests that gave a bit of confidence rather than eroded it. I know we lost 1-0 and 2-0 at Liverpool and City last season, but straight after the City game we won the next 3.

Getting hammered is hard to recover from.

That said, Potter isn't all gung-ho and attacking. His Osterund tactics v Galatasaray were very much contain and hit on the break. He knows you're out of the game completely if you give them space in those first 25 mins, and of course if it hadn't been for poor officiating, his Swansea team would have likely knocked them out of the cup earlier this year.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The fact that many of us are thinking 'mmmmm.......maybe' is a testament to the roister doister turnaround that Harry Potter has brung upon our club. I'm feeling emotional. Truly. I'll be strapping myself in at 2.55 Saturday, ready for the ride of my life.

Meanwhile, away from chez madame swish, I hope you all enjoy the match :thumbsup:

Does that kind of thing really go on in Faversham!?:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does that kind of thing really go on in Faversham!?:lolol:

Only in my flights of fancy. The actual highlight here this summer was Faversham Open Gardens. And that isn't a euphemism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here