Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did we buy Adam Webster?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Remember similar threads about signing Duffy when we had Goldson (albeit the natural increase of premier league fees)

Look how that turned out

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Simple question why splurge 22m on a player it doesn't look like we are going to need, unless he is insurance against injuries? Maybe there was more to the Dunk to Leicester than Bloom and Co were letting on. Any ideas?

Simple answer - we are playing 3 at the back - at some point one or more will be injured or suspended

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Either a piss take or a very strange opinion expressed by your mate.
He was voted Player of the Season at City!
It's an NSC dwayne-ism to have family/friends who are STHs at the previous club who without fail think a new signing is 'shitehouse'.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As he will replace Duffy very shortly

I'd feel far happier if Webster replaced Burn. The Dunk-Duffy partnership has stood us in very good stead thus far, and adding Webster into the mix would only strengthen us at the back. Burn is enjoying something of a purple patch, but - unless your name is Ashley Barnes - goals are extremely hard to come by in the Premier League and Burn has cost us two in two games and is likely to cost us many more by persistently clambering all over the keeper at corners. He was also standing around like a spare part for Southampton's second on Saturday. It's a shame really, can't fault his enthusiasm for the cause, but something more is called for at this level.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Early contender for biggest troll or weirdest thread of the season.

Obviously playing 3 CBs we need more in the squad than did with 4. Why not buy the best and most promising we can.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Simple question why splurge 22m on a player it doesn't look like we are going to need, unless he is insurance against injuries? Maybe there was more to the Dunk to Leicester than Bloom and Co were letting on. Any ideas?

Because he improves the squad and team and could be a star in the future? The idea that our team is perfect and doesn't need adding to unless we sell someone is silly, only Liverpool or Man City could possibly claim that

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We had a transfer budget and Potter identified the positions he wanted to fill. I'm suprised he didn't bring in another RB but would imagine the reason Mooy is here on loan is because the CM we wanted couldn't be organised and next summer it will be easier to finalise a deal

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Early contender for biggest troll or weirdest thread of the season.

Obviously playing 3 CBs we need more in the squad than did with 4
Not trolling, more wondering if there was a lot more to the Dunk to Leicester than was let on. Also yep I have given myself a facepalm and a slap to the head, we, as you point out, are playing with 3 CB's duh. Anyhow it has brought up some conversation regarding Duffy's place in the team. And my thoughts have been clarified, which is the point of asking questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here